Dressing room presents!

Nancy19

So each time my daughter has been in LCB or EYB, there have been flowers or token good luck cards or gifts delivered to the dressing room. With next theatre performance looming, we are trying to think of some different ideas to send. I personally think flowers for a child are a bit of a waste, and they are very expensive, but I don't want her not to receive anything, as I know all the others will do. Does anyone have an idea of the perfect good luck present to send to the stage door?

Thanks in advance, Nancy x

Or a sweet tree? Someone near us makes beautifully decorated ones with ribbons on wrapped in cellowrap

Sweet Bouquets are a similar idea, they look like flowers but made from chocolate or retro sweets.

I have made these in my spare time for dancers with a good luck balloon attached to them.

• Like 1

If, like me, you're not clever enough to make a sweet bouquet, you can order them for a reasonable price on line. I have also sent my dd a fresh flower card and have toyed with a fruit bouquet but not tried that one yet.

• Like 1

I always try to get presents related to the show of possible - so for a friend who was (amongst other things) a wolf in Beauty & the Beast I got her a cuddly wolf. Swan Lake - a swan teddy? Nutcracker - sweets? Sleeping Beauty - UHM depends what she is! I usually go on ebay (new things) or Amazon.

• Like 1

Boys love the bouquets too .!!!

They can be done in favourite colours and themed , I've done ballet ones, Frozen, One Direction , Spider-Man the list is endless .

If they weren't so expensive for me to post I'd offer my services ;)

Edited by HAIRBELLES

depends on what the performance is but a nice edition of a book of the story could work well if applicable or if there is a book about a top production of ay Swan Lake if that is what she is doing then that could be nice too.

or a nice photo frame to put a picture of herself in the performance in.

photo album/memory book/memory box as already suggested.

When my dd's did shows such as EYB, my husband scanned in the flier and then in a similar font to the rest of the writing, wrote 'Starring Joe Bloggs' across the top. This produced a personalised poster/souvenir for each child. We bought A4 clip frames to put them in. My dd's still have the framed personalised posters and they are lovely momentoes of the shows they have been in. Hubby does work in computers but am sure it wouldn't be too difficult for someone with a bit of computer know-how. On occasions, he has produced an original poster including a photo of the child my dd has taken backstage in costume with details of the show they were 'starring' in. We have also given small themed presents linked to the show such as ruby slipper key rings at the Wizard of Oz for example.

• Like 2

I have done flowers for my son in the past and was delighted that they were actually given to him (and the couple of friends I bought them for) on stage in the curtain call as I get a bit "annoyed" that it's usually the ladies who get them not the men (I'm talking professional companies now). When he was younger I got him a small Nutcracker toy when he was in that and a picture for his room for another but I really can't remember what else. Usually just a nice good luck card I think ;-)

When my DD was in EYB we had a pair of pointe shoes made out of chocolate, they had a light pink coating on and ribbons made from icing with a good luck message iced on.

We have also had pink cupcakes made with ballerinas and ballet shoes on top, which she could share with the other girls in her dressing room.

• Like 1

Wow!! Thanks so much for all the lovely ideas. The sweet bouquet sounds fab, have googled and the pictures of them are amazing. Also like the idea of a small present linked to the ballet, frantically searching online now! Many thanks for all the replys x

Balletmumfor2, your poster idea is great. Got a family member trying to sort this now!

Cupcakes for the girls to share Is a lovely idea, going to contact a local cupcake shop tomorrow to enquire. Have been Sharing all these ideas with my fellow ballet mums whilst girls were rehearsing today!!

I've been down the themed to the ballet route a couple of times and found some very nice and not too expensive necklaces or bracelets online. If your DD is in LCB this year Nancy21 there are some very pretty apple necklaces out there.  :)   When my daughter did LCB Rumpelstiltskin I managed to find a silver spider necklace that opened like a locket and had a tiny spinning wheel inside, perfect as she danced Mother Spider and she's still wearing it. :P

Edited by Elliepops

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit old fashioned and have bought flowers .. Yes they are expensive for what they are but my dd absolutely adored getting flowers via stage doors as felt like a ballet star! It wouldn't have mattered what they were just that they were flowers :)

But I did also manage by pure chance to find and buy a little jewelry box with wind up turning ballerina with swan Lake music when she did swan Lake at EYB

• Like 1

A miniature ballet shoe went down well with my students when they danced in Nutcracker - I gave the boy a little frog and said that one day I hoped he would turn into a Prince!  He did too!

A very good gift is a face or hand towel with their name embroidered on it.  Can you find shops that do that in the UK?