Residential dance summer school in Yorkshire

Worktolive

York Dance Assembly ( formerly known as Yorkshire Assembly) is a residential dance summer school over five days Mon 3rd Aug - Fri 7th Aug 2015 at Queen Margaret's school, Escrick. York. Classes include ballet, contemporary, jazz, musical theatre and street. Evening activities include swimming, cinema night, pamper evening. Children welcome from 9 years - vocational. Children will be put in groups according to their age and ability. Faculty include ex-professional dancers with live pianists. Check out the website www.yorkshireballetscholarshipcentre.com or contact me direct for more information. 

• 5 months later...

Dd attended the York dance assembly summer school and had a marvellous week. The performance at the end of the week was lovely, dd enjoyed both the classes and the social side of the week. I think I need to change my username as she no-longer appears to by the shy girl she once was.

• Like 4

Where you there this year FullContretemps? I thought this years demo was even better than last year, the ballet was beautiful and the contemporary superb (I am learning to appreciate contemporary as dd really likes it, even though she is still a bit too young for it).

Dd has raved about Nathalie Leger, she loved her teaching and found her to be very inspiring. Dd rarely shows me much dancing at home but has demonstrated lots of bar work since she got back as Nathalie has praised her about a specific exercise, it is lovely to see the effect a kind word or two has on an 11 year old. She wants to dance even more than normal (praise from her mum does not have the same effect).

• Like 4

Oh lovely so glad to hear! It's great to hear the positive feedback, and amazing how far-reaching the effects of one week can be, not just on technique but the dancer as a whole. And the forum is great as we get to keep up with these young dancers through their experiences :)

No I wasn't there this year sadly but I know a couple who were so am looking forwards to a good catch up in September! Maybe next year... annual leave allowing and all that sort of thing...

• Like 1