Huge blister

IBD23

My dd has suddenly developed a huge blister on the ball of her foot.  Her shoes are well fitting splitsole canvas.  She has been dancing more than usual so that may be the cause.  I am wondering how to treat it?  She put a compeed blister plaster on last night and danced on it today.  This evening the blister plaster came off taking the blister with it, but there was no liquid (sorry if you are squeamish!) leaving a large circle of red skin, which luckily does not hurt.  She has bathed it and put some sudocreme on it and says she is dancing again tomorrow.  Can anyone help with any more I can do, or advise on a blister product I don't know about?  She MAY take my advice :unsure:

I tend to get blisters on the exact same spot, but mine are caused by the hole under the tights. The "lining" is rubbing my skin while doing pointe work.

I used surgical spirit to dry the blister out - I felt a really bad pain while dabbing the cotton-dot on the blister ..

Hi IBD23. Not sure whether this is the problem however a woman in a shoe shop once told me she had been informed by her GP that constant blistering and pain of skin in the balls of feet even if shoes are well fitting maybe a vitamin D deficiency. That would be lack of ultra violet rays from the sun light accompanied with vitamin intake from food too. A visit to a GP maybe worth a visit if it is on going.

Ax

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who posted about this because on Tuesday I acquired two huge burst blisters after I wore padded boots for a walk. ???? Your advice has been very helpful and much appreciated.

• Like 2

Just laughing, my daughter said when it's her birthday can she have a HUGE box of compede plasters she gets such big blisters on her heals. Just wish she would go and see Sheila who might magically find her the perfect point shoe. Best of it is it's not her birthday until the summer.

Tulip - does your DD mostly get blisters when wearing her shoes or when she is barefoot? There is a product you can buy from Boots - a Boots own or a brandname product that looks a bit like a glue stick. DD finds it helps stop friction blisters from barefoot work though I'm not if it would be any good with tights/pointe shoes. I don't know the name of the product but it is in the 'foot' section at Boots.