News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much- you've all supported me through a few difficult months earlier this year, when I thought my dream would never come true- now everything has finally fallen into place! Thank you for encouraging me to not give up; all of the hard work seems worthwhile now :D xxx

• Like 24

Hi I'm swan princesses mum, I haven't been on here before but I just wanted to thank you all sincerely for supporting my little sp :) the comments I've read really touched me and I know sp has found you all a pillar of strength throughout her turbulent journey. Speaking of which we are on a 9 hour train journey to ballet west.... Like you do lol! X

• Like 46

Hello SP's_Mum, welcome to the forum! You must be so proud of your daughter! She has been so gutsy and so willing to offer congratulations and good advice to other forum users even when she had had a disappointment herself - and although I don't know her, I am really rooting for her to love every minute of her time at Ballet West and onwards. She really, really deserves it. xx

• Like 10

Hello SP's_Mum, welcome to the forum! You must be so proud of your daughter! She has been so gutsy and so willing to offer congratulations and good advice to other forum users even when she had had a disappointment herself - and although I don't know her, I am really rooting for her to love every minute of her time at Ballet West and onwards. She really, really deserves it. xx

Me too !

• Like 1

Ballet West is such a gorgeous place, I absolutely loved it & feel so so lucky to be going there! Yes it is a long way from home- but I immediately felt as though I belonged there, it seems very safe & everyone is so caring. And the standard of the classes was very good too, the teaching appears excellent.

Thank you so much for the lovely replies in response to my mum's post, it is so heartwarming to read, we are both so grateful for all your support ❤️ (Mum tried to reply but couldn't work out how to, will have to show her again :P )

Counting down the days until i start at BW now, i feel so blessed & privileged to finally be going to ballet school!!! :D

• Like 25

your blog is fantastic!  you are such a fabulous inspiration and I think you should write a book about all your dance experiences - highs and lows- you have such a natural talent to keep all the forum readers enthralled and offer such valuable advice.  You are a fountain of knowledge to me in this strange dance world that is alien to some of us until we have a child with a dance 'obsession'! as well as being an wonderfully descriptive writer.  Please keep blog updated as I and I am sure many other - await - with much anticipation - to hear of your next adventures in New York and Ballet West!

• Like 2

We had a lovely day and were made to feel very welcome.  The directors spoke at length and then we watched a fabulous...and scarily well danced...presentation from a range of ages at Upper School.  We bought some bits of uniform and saw the accommodation.  A really lovely day, both helpful and informative.  It makes it all seem so real now :)  It is such a good idea to get the kids into the school to give them a feel for it before they start :)

• Like 10

We had a lovely day and were made to feel very welcome.  The directors spoke at length and then we watched a fabulous...and scarily well danced...presentation from a range of ages at Upper School.  We bought some bits of uniform and saw the accommodation.  A really lovely day, both helpful and informative.  It makes it all seem so real now :)  It is such a good idea to get the kids into the school to give them a feel for it before they start :)

Did I remember correctly that your DS is off to Royal Upper School?

• 3 months later...

As I have been reading the posts about people embarking on the audition road this year I thought I would relive some of last year by re reading the threads. Seems so long ago.

My DS has settled at his new school and is enjoying the adventure. He has made friends with classmate who come from the UK,eire,america,Australia,Canada,Spain,Norway and France. What an experience. He will make friends around the world for life,whatever the future holds. It was scary going through it last year but we'll worth it. Good luck to everyone worrying about it all for this hear. :)

• Like 12