News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uniqrina - I really wouldn't worry. DD was sent an email late afternoon. Her friend received a yes a bit later. They were both early Saturday afternoon audition, but it may be nothing to do with the order of audition though!

• Like 1

Hi.

Does anyone know of any "nos"? I wish they had all been sent out together. My dd has had two boys from her school contact her to let her know they have both had offers. We've heard nothing. I'm assuming it's a no but I'm disappointed in the way the dc's are being informed.

Edited by Debs

Congratulations to all with good news.

But I am glad it was all done by post when my ds did his auditions. It was bad enough then but it must be torture for all those still waiting knowing via social media that some results are already out and yours are not. I really feel for you. At least in the "olden" days you only had to stalk the postman once a day whereas now I imagine its checking e-mails every 5 minutes.

Good luck to you all. X

• Like 9

Congratulations to all the yes's and my heart goes out to all those of you who are still frantically waiting to hear. It's horrible. I think the way Central give their results out is brutal. It was exactly the same when my dd auditioned 2 years ago. They sent out a batch of 'yes' emails - perfectly timed just before the Easter weekend, so that those who hadnt heard were left hanging and knowing that they would't hear anything for next few days. These students were given 7 days to accept/decline & pay deposit, then after that the second round of yes offers were sent out. Following that, those on reserve list and the no's got to hear by letter sent in post. It appears that they are still doing the same. I really sympathize with those still waiting to hear.

• Like 7

Congratulations to all the yes's and my heart goes out to all those of you who are still frantically waiting to hear. It's horrible. I think the way Central give their results out is brutal. It was exactly the same when my dd auditioned 2 years ago. They sent out a batch of 'yes' emails - perfectly timed just before the Easter weekend, so that those who hadnt heard were left hanging and knowing that they would't hear anything for next few days. These students were given 7 days to accept/decline & pay deposit, then after that the second round of yes offers were sent out. Following that, those on reserve list and the no's got to hear by letter sent in post. It appears that they are still doing the same. I really sympathize with those still waiting to hear.

Yes, it does seem hard - I was in the supermarket earlier and dd rang to say could I hurry home quick and check my emails, because her friend had just contacted her to say the emails were out and her friend had a yes. I got home, we looked, and dd was fortunately one of the lucky ones. News travels like lightning nowadays, and everyone gets to hear that the results are out.

I can't imagine how she would be feeling right now if she'd heard nothing - and my heart goes out to everyone (including some of dd's friends) who are still anxiously waiting... fingers crossed xx

• Like 6

This seems a very hash way of getting the results out there. I agree with you JulieW, better to know you are on the waiting list than hearing nothing for a week.

Well done everyone! For yesses, for waiting lists, for choices - for just putting yourselves through it!!!!

• Like 7

Even if they let all the Associates know at the same time it would help - in this day and age they must know that the girls are friends via social media.

Come to think of it, I wonder why degree courses don't just all use the UKCAS system and update people's accounts?

• Like 6

Imo, the auditions and notification of the results for Central are far too late. We are into the Easter holidays now and the applicants should be concentrating on their GCSE revision not worrying about results. And I see that Rambert has later auditions still. I feel that Ofsted or whoever regulates this schools should instruct the schools to hold their auditions much earlier. There is no reason why the audition process could not be completed before February half term.

• Like 7

Yes it does drag on and is a big distraction, such a range of schools involved though both FE and HE with overlapping student groups.

Has anyone heard anything from Conservatoire of Scotland btw after finals last week?

Is it not the case that Central HAVE sent out all offers and the next batch of offers will be based on any of the first set being turned down? If so you would expect the second batch to be emailed 7 days after the first batch as that I believe is the deadline for the first batch to reply.

Yes, I agree. It would be far kinder if they could just let everyone know at the same time. When my dd auditioned, a friend of hers got an email offering a place on 28 March (it was a Thurs eve just before the Easter weekend, I remember that evening well!). My dd eventually got a letter on the following Sat (nearly 10 days later) offering reserve place. A few others she knew also got reserve letters that day & some got no's. It was the longest 10 days ever!

• Like 4

Only just got back to this thread and so well done to all the DD's with yes taxi and Bailerin and particularly to Regattah's DD who had all that stress with her little sister being so ill that day.......I loved your telling Regattah of getting this yes news for your DD. definitely worth a pas de trois round the ward with the consultant I think!!

• Like 4

So! My dd and I have had a crazy few weeks. We were in London just last week as dd had private(scheduling conflicts) auditions with ENBS and RBS both for final year (6.3). I have been quiet lately but reading this forum daily. With dd being a foreign applicant, I have been apprehensive about sharing but now I can!  Bad news first - ENBS was a no and RBS was a short list with a wait til May.

Now the good news! Just before we left, dd received an email from National Ballet of Canada where she had attended auditions for company back in January. They had one more spot to fill and wanted to take a second look. So yesterday she attended a company class and an hour later, an email arrived with an apprentice contract offer! WOOT!

DD is shocked and stupid happy - it's a JOB.

Let me add, dd has less then perfect turnout. It was great when she was 11 and started vocational school but as she grew, her turnout decreased. She has also had to work her buns off for decent extensions. It has been her passion and crazy discipline and work ethic that got this opportunity. So it can be done!  If anyone has watched 'Centre Stage', she's like Julie ;)

• Like 39

Apparently they send out the first lot of yeses to the ones that have been offered places at other schools and then the second lot of yeses are central's first choices for students who haven't been offered anywhere else. DD's friend waited two weeks until she received her reserve letter.

Apparently they send out the first lot of yeses to the ones that have been offered places at other schools and then the second lot of yeses are central's first choices for students who haven't been offered anywhere else. DD's friend waited two weeks until she received her reserve letter.

I don't think that can be the case, because they wouldn't necessarily know that you'd had other offers?

edited to make sense of scrambled syntax!

Edited by taxi4ballet
  • Like 3