News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD has accepted her offer of a place at BTUK-so happy for her!

I am relieved that the audition process is over. I have been reading these dance threads throughout although reluctant to post the highs and lows it has been a great support.

I was not prepared for how exhausting and expensive the whole process would be.

All our DC are amazing to go through this process with its highs and lows and give it their very best whatever the outcome is,they are amazing. My DD doesn't like me to post but I am so proud of how she has coped with all this and kept so positive.

Good luck to all our DC they have all done so well.

Next GCSES

• Like 23

Reading this thread really takes me back to that awful audition roller-coaster. I hope those of you suffering the horrors of reserve list take some encouragement from this...

On this day back in 2011 DC was the proud holder of one funded offer and 3 reserve lists. Whilst blown away with relief to know that vocational training was on the cards, the funded offer was from DC's 4th choice school so DC was still hoping for another option. On 23rd April (best St George's day ever) funded offers arrived from DC's 1st and 3rd choice schools! So 1st choice was accepted immediately, 3rd & 4th choice offers declined and DC requested removal from 2nd choice reserve list. Offers really do come from reserve lists once the first round of offers have gone out, so hang in there!

Not all reserve lists shuffle about and move at the same rate it goes on for ages. One of DC's classmates was originally on the reserve list, had given up hope and accepted a place at another school until a place was offered in July. This freed up a funded place at the other school. Not sure I'd still have been holding my breath that long but the dancer who got the very late offer must have been very happy!

Very best wishes to all those talented dancers and their traumatised parents still waiting and hoping.

• Like 9

Hi all

My son is on the reserve list for the DADA award for Tring Park.   Does anyone know how many students actually get in - I know there were 11 boys and 50 girls but only 10 - 15 DADA awards - I can't believe that the rest will be able to afford the £33k a year.  Does anyone know if you have more of a chance if you are a day pupil.  Thank you all (sorry for complicated message) 

elizabethlahav- I can't answer your question too many unknowns and variables! However my dd has been offered a Dada at Tring but we have not completed the full dada income assessment yet - I think we get sent the forms for this in late April.  I would guess that once these assessments have been done there could be a little bit of shuffling of the reserve lists as there will be more clarity on the level commitments from the Dada pot.

• Like 1

Hi all

My son is on the reserve list for the DADA award for Tring Park.   Does anyone know how many students actually get in - I know there were 11 boys and 50 girls but only 10 - 15 DADA awards - I can't believe that the rest will be able to afford the £33k a year.  Does anyone know if you have more of a chance if you are a day pupil.  Thank you all (sorry for complicated message) 

Hi there, no I don't think that whether you are a boarder or a day pupil has any effect on your position on the Dada waiting list I'm afraid.

After a lot of thinking and a change of heart for various reasons DD has now declined RCS and taken her place at Central instead.  Anyone looking for a twin roomshare at Student Castle can you please get in touch or perhaps ask around if you know anyone else going who isn't on this forum?  This works out the cheapest option but we are struggling to find anyone!  Thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In the spirit of the forum of sharing information, what a strange public post. How does this help folks who are reading the forum?. If you want to share information with personal friends then send them a Private message. If you want to share with the World Wide Web post info which will help folks then shFe the full info. A previous poster took a similar approach too. Why who knows. If you want to keep your DC's news private or share with a Few friends then do so on private message facility. My DD asked me not to share audition results on this Public forum and I have respected this and not 'tantilised' the public with obscure messages. My DD has her place at school of choice, but know of many who are waiting and recent contributions by posters haven't been too sensitive

• Like 14

Yes you're probably right nana lily, but I guess I thought the movement on the reserves of more general interest, as you say lots of people waiting. Sorry if mine is a frustrating post probably not particularly helpful.

I can see both sides on this....discretion is perhaps a good idea as there is sensitivity needed when still deciding & manners to communicate in the correct order within families, schools, funders & friends. It is helpful though that people share what they can - even if it is a general indicator about 'it ain't all over till the fat lady sings' ....quite nice to hear that dear lady is still possibly waiting in the wings & there may still be opportunties for some of our talented DC's!!

• Like 2

Personally I think it's nice to hear that there is still movement on the waiting list. I don't think your post itself was problematic, chaperone.

I think what has caused more of a problem over the last few weeks has been the instances of people asking publicly where members' children are going, causing a rash of "I will PM you", followed by "PM me too, please" messages. To outside observers this could possibly come across as a bit clique-y and unnecessary when all that is needed is for people to PM each other directly.

I completely appreciate the desire for anonymity on behalf of our children, so nobody should feel pressured into revealing where their child studies or will be studying. Perhaps if folks want to ask, it would be more sensitive all round to simply send a discreet PM. :-)

• Like 8

Since this also affected one of my posts higher up the thread, I agree with what has been said about keeping anonymity. But - in our case quite a lot of other posters know who we are, so it is easier to post on here rather than pm everyone separately. Sorry if it comes across as being rather 'secret squirrel' which was not the intention!

• Like 1