Moorland International Ballet Elite Programme

A Proud Mother

Hi to you all.

I have to say Moorland School in Clitheroe Lancashire have a Lower and Upper School at their Moorland International Ballet Elite Programme. :)

This is well worth putting on your audition list, it is also a very caring  place to do your dance training and the teachers are so lovely and encourage each student to help them fulfil their full potential..

This is well worth putting on your audition list, I recommend it very highly xx.

moorlandballet.co.uk

Auditions are now running :)

P.S Also do Associate Programmes. 

This School is of Fabulous and the training is of A Very High Standard.
  • Like 3

Thanks for this post as I had never heard of them before so it was nice to see different options, however I'm assuming that they don't offer funding as I can't find any info on the website about fee's or funding? Or am I missing something?? :)

Hi

If you call the school as each person circumstances with funding is different, so please don't dismiss the chance of auditioning  at this school  because you think there maybe no funding, as believe the training is of  very high standard and the teaches are both ex professional dancers so understand the students and do help them individually as well .. They are really excellent with the students .

Possibly me not looking in the right place, but does anyone know how many have graduated from 6th form so far, and the likelihood of getting a contract with a ballet company? I saw a photo of a dancer on their website, now dancing in Europe, but no other info on graduates.

• Like 1

Not sure if any have finished 6th form yet? They only started a 6th form very recently at the school I think? Also the ballet is fairly new.

Can confirm Mr and Mrs Kidd are lovely and have a great teaching style. Have met many happy pupils.

• Like 4

Possibly me not looking in the right place, but does anyone know how many have graduated from 6th form so far, and the likelihood of getting a contract with a ballet company? I saw a photo of a dancer on their website, now dancing in Europe, but no other info on graduates.

Pretty certain I'm right in saying that the student you are talking about here S&P was actually a graduate of Kate Simmons but had previously been trained by Mr & Mrs Kidd before Moorlands opened & before she went to Kate Simmons :)

• Like 3

Pretty certain I'm right in saying that the student you are talking about here S&P was actually a graduate of Kate Simmons but had previously been trained by Mr & Mrs Kidd before Moorlands opened & before she went to Kate Simmons :)

Aha, that makes sense, thank you. I had spotted her on KS Dance's website and was doubly confused! :-)

I have to say, I was taught by Mr Kidd when he was at Northern Ballet and he was a fantastic teacher - really patient and knowledgable, and with a great perspective on turning class dancers (ie RAD robots like me..!) into performers.

I've not been to Moorlands, but I have every expectation that if the Kidds are teaching there, they will turn out beautiful dancers.

• Like 1

What is the summer school like, is there a big range of ages? My DD is 17 and currently dances full time at vocational school. I am a bit concerned that she would be the oldest and put in a class with a lot of younger students.

The summer school does have children of all ages. My dd now 16 has been for the last four years, the last two have been at Moorland school since it opened. They do split them into age/ability groups so each child gets the very best tuition and enjoyment out of the week. They have lots of fun and come away having learnt a lot.

On the last day they put on a show piece which is lovely to watch.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The fees link is no longer working (at least not for me), but I assume that Morelands is a similar set up to Bedes and The Legat School. Bedes/Legat offer 'full time' dance training (BTEC level 3) plus 2 A levels. The fees for Legat are notional but full boarding costs around £30K pa. Does anyone know how many A levels Morelands offers the dance students, and also if there is a possibility to obtain a dance qualification other than for teaching.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...