Tring Sixth Form Auditions/Reserve List

meggy13

• 1 month later...

My DS started doing 3 A levels and has dropped to 2 . They also have to do their Dance diploma which is quite a bit of work . DS friend is doing 4 A levels . Some don't do any A levels but do extra dance classes . The A level choices are excellent . Well to be honest everything about Tring is excellent . In my humble opinion . If you want to chat about anything - send me a pm and I will call you , or you can call me .

• Like 3

Hi Miracle. F1 and F2 stands for Foundation 1 and 2. Basically, the students are split into 2 sets, with F1 being the highest. Then when they go into the second year of sixth form (ie upper sixth) their training is combined with the third years and they choose to follow either the 'classical' route (C1 & C2) or the 'dance' route (D1 & D2).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

This is the first time I have posted on here but reading the advice has helped me alot lately so thank you.  My son auditioned for Tring and got in to the school and then auditioned for the DADA award and got put onto the reserve list.  He is going into the 6th form.  Has anyone had an experience of auditioning at Tring and would anyone know what are the possibilities of actually getting an award if you are on the reserve list.  I would really appreciate some help or at least talking to someone in a similar predicament.  Its such a stressful time, he grew up with Street Dance and then did a Dance GCSE in year 9 and last year got accepted onto the CAT scheme at The Place London so he is now loving contemporary.  Look forward to hearing from someone.  Thank you for your time ;-)

Hiya

Im new on this forum - but its soooo interesting - would anyone know anything about getting a DADA award if you are on the reserve list - would you know anything about how many people get offered the reserve list.  My son who is 15 got a place at Tring but is now on reserve list for the DADA award.  The letter we got said not to be disheartened as there still is a chance to get the award.  Does anyone have any experience of this at all?   Many thanks for your help and time.  

Hi. Well done to your DS for getting to this point. It is extremely difficult to get these offers so he has done really well. People do get offers from the reserve list every year, as there will be a lot of movement in a couple of months time when people make their decisions when they have all their offers in. I am sure the numbers differ every year but it may be worth ringing Tring and asking them where abouts he is on that waiting list - they may not say - but they will have everyone ranked. Is he trying anywhere else?

Back in 2011 DS got offered of a place at Tring and then on reserve Dada award list after those auditions. I got a phone call from them late April possibly early May offering him a Dada place but declined as he'd already accepted Central by then.

So it does happen. Good luck.

• Like 2

People do get DADA places from the reserve list as those with multiple offers decide which school to attend.  However, I have never known anyone who was invited to Funding audition not to be put on the reserve list.  Do Tring still offer of places to people without inviting them to the funding auditions?

Mods there seems to be a duplication of threads, perhaps they should be merged? 

My understanding is that some students are offered a place but not invited to the funding audition - so they can attend if they can afford the fees. I believe that everyone who attends funding audition either gets a dada offer or is put on reserve list. This may of course have changed but that was the case a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

People do get DADA places from the reserve list as those with multiple offers decide which school to attend.  However, I have never known anyone who was invited to Funding audition not to be put on the reserve list.  Do Tring still offer of places to people without inviting them to the funding auditions?

Mods there seems to be a duplication of threads, perhaps they should be merged?

Good idea, PdQ - I have merged the two threads. :-)

• Like 2

DD went to funding last year and got reserve list. She didn't get physio and as another girl that did get physio , her mother phoned them. She said there were different waiting lists and the more funding you needed the less likely you were to get a DADA

DD needed all the funding so I decided it was a lost cause. BUT a few weeks later DD got the DADA offer and the other girl didn't , so it's really best to just wait and see - easier said than done I know at this very stressful time

I also know of another girl who was on the waiting list that had a phone call fro principle offering her a fee waiver if they could just pay the boarding fees. Shows there's a bit of flexibility here and I guess Tring are looking at all kinds of scenarios

Last year Central also sent offers out in drubs and drabs. DD was lucky as she was in the first batch but some others waited what seemed like an eternity for theirs

Nail biting !!

• Like 3