Lower school final auditions

Waitingmum

My DD has amazingly been offered final auditions for Tring and Elmhurst (still waiting to hear form RBS) - year 7.

I just wondered if anyone knew what the second round auditions consisted of - are they much harder?

Any help would be fantastic as I don't know anyone who has gone to ballet school before. :)

Edited by Danceislife
  • Like 4

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Danceislife. My DD also has been offered finals at Tring and Elmhurst ( and waiting for RBS results). From what I know finals at Elmhurst are like preliminary at Tring (ballet class, stretching etc and then academic tests - maths, English) + physio for everybody.

At Tring not everybody is seen by physio - but it doesn't mean anything. The MDS has been previously offered to those who went for assessment and those who did not. Hope it helps. If anybody has more info I'll also be very interested :-)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We have received emails from both RBS and Elmhurst with detailed information about the final audition. I didn't know that children are in groups - (I guess by age at RBS and by alphabetical order at Elmhurst?).

It doesn't say anything about maths/English tests in Elmhurst, just ballet class, physio assessment and school tour. From what I have heard they used to do the tests on the day and I think they mentioned the test during the preliminary audition. Has it changed? Or did they simply forget to include it in the timetable they sent to us?

I was thinking the same thing Happymum, nothing about any academic tests in the itinerary, it could be that they are sending them to our dds schools to complete? I can confirm that groups are not done by age at Rbs though, only because dd has one friend whos birthday is very close to hers and another who's birthday is months before, yet they're all in the same group.

I was thinking the same thing Happymum, nothing about any academic tests in the itinerary, it could be that they are sending them to our dds schools to complete? I can confirm that groups are not done by age at Rbs though, only because dd has one friend whos birthday is very close to hers and another who's birthday is months before, yet they're all in the same group.

Oh that's interesting! I wonder how they group them then? My DD, one of the oldest I guess and beginning of the alphabet is in the green group. (Not that it changes anything and probably also means nothing).

Oh but I think it's for this Friday, the 27th, isn't it? Boys are group blue and girls green. And then a week later on Fri 6th March there are just year 7 girls in green and blue groups (if I got it right!)

Good luck to your DD Balletqueen! It's just 4 more days for you, very exciting!

How long do they wait to give results after finals? Or is it on the day?

Also, just wanted to wish the very best of luck to all of you and your brave DCs who have done so well to get through to finals.

Edited by amos73
  • Like 1

I have asked Elmhurst directly about the tests - still waiting for a reply!

My dd also got through to WL finals - she is in the green group - all very scary/exciting!!!

Will be very glad when this is all over and life can return to normal!

I have also emailed Elmhurst asking about academic test and also still waiting for the reply

Does anyone know please whether the year 8,9,10 and 11 girls at the rbs finals are all judged together as I know they are all in the same audition class or will they be aware of who is from each year group and know which year group they may have a place in. Or is it simply a case of having 1 bed available and choosing any girl from any year group? Thanks

Does anyone know please whether the year 8,9,10 and 11 girls at the rbs finals are all judged together as I know they are all in the same audition class or will they be aware of who is from each year group and know which year group they may have a place in. Or is it simply a case of having 1 bed available and choosing any girl from any year group? Thanks

Just wanted to say fingers crossed and good luck to your dd ballet queen for tomorrow! Nerves must be sky-high in your house!

I was worried about the academic tests as well but have had an email from Elmhurst to say they do them when the join (if they are offered a place that is!)  

Has anyone's dc with offers for The Hammond been asked to do academic tests yet? Our offer letter said they send them to their current school for completion, but dd hasn't done one yet?