Move It 2015

pastel

i went on friday loved all the performances and just seeing them all and collecting many, many prospectuses (my shoulder is killing me from carrying such a huge bag round all day) makes me definitely want to apply next year! also feel very MT inspired though i can't sing on my own.... in a big group i'm fine and the very few workshops/singing lessons (group of course) i've had i've really enjoyed but still not confident enough to perform a solo at any auditions..however things like move it make me desperately want to apply to places like urdang which is totally annoying  :mellow:

• Like 1

Went to Move it yesterday and apart from the main purpose to see BTUK students dance I also met Just Ballet and wonders of wonders have finally bought a practise tutu......which I need for LAB performance in July .....otherwise wouldn't be seen dead in one. Michelle will be pleased at least!!

Anyway I like the way these are made as the skirt keeps down and doesn't flap up as some do but still needed to go to extra extra large size lol!! There were some beautiful leotards on her Ballet Rosa stand .....well worth a look in if you go.

But Move It as a whole is definitely for the under 30's I think......it's SO noisy.

It was lovely catching up with Pastel and her DD but trying to find somewhere to be able to actually here each other talk was a tad difficult.

The best place is the cafe just over on the right as you go in.....near the entrance.

Lovely to catch up with you LinMM and we also enjoyed meeting Sheila from Just Dance.

Nana Lily - I wish I had taken your advice about ear plugs literally! I feel SO OLD! 

It was an interesting experience and worth the trek to see BTUK school dancing.

• Like 4

Dance 2013 it was the Institute of the Arts in Barcelona - the workshop was lovely

It was alla bit fast & confusing - I might email them later in the week to sort out what the whole thing was about

Hey Katymac

My DD did an audition for the IA Barcelona which was class based and really enjoyed the teachers, especially jazz.

The summer school looks fabulous and is very expensive unless you are in the intake for September. If its a residential place she won I would snap it up!!!

• 1 month later...