RBS Mid Associates (MA) audition

anneeliz

Manchester MA's is the same set up mentioned above with one class comprising of all 3 year groups. There are currently 4 year 9's so this will release 4 spaces if no-one else leaves. Class numbers do vary however so they could potentially offer 6 places maybe if they saw children they really wanted.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another short'waiting list for my Dd. The waiting just seems to go on and on as SWL last year too... The life of a ballet mum... No one ever told me it would be all about waiting and sewing!

Congratulations Heppymum and everyone else with a Yes! Clearly a massive achievement going by the few available places :-)

Oh i was going to ask that.... Whether dc get offered mids as well as places at vocational school, so i guess that may well free up the odd place then.

Also, does anyone know if they have the same 'levels' of waiting list for mids? ie priority/ short etc?

Dd has swl too. Well done everyone with a yes!

After the full time no's, my DD has had a fab couple of days at a festival winning gold for her ballet solo, gold for her modern duet, 1st place in the TDCI junior ballet championships...and now a yes for MAs at Birmingham!!! Such a fab couple of days, just the festival champions to go tomorrow...the girl is on fire!! I'm so happy and proud! Congrats to the other yes's, and fingers crossed to those on the waiting list.

• Like 11

Sorry to hear about the no's, but as you know places are few and far between - my daughter was upset but not surprised at hers (quite a few years ago now).  One of her JA friends got a no, but then a yes the following year and I often wondered whether she should've tried again, but actually she then moved on to more academic pursuits and is now a vet student.

And congratulations to those with a yes  :)

• Like 1

Am completely new on here  but thought I'd mention (as some people have asked on this thread) that we have just received our Mid Associate result for London by email. Ours was a "no" - entirely expected and no drama fortunately.

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

• Like 2

Hello MAK - welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your news on here. It's useful for people to read about the no's too.

Please do keep posting and hope your dc continues to enjoy his/her ballet.

• Like 2

DS wasn't an MA but got a place at London Junior & Senior Ballet aged 11, then went to Central at 16 for three years and is now dancing professionally in Romania with two other young men, one of whom went to White Lodge then Central and the other was a SA then Central.

(I really didn't realise until now that MA's are just one class covering three years of students and there are such few spaces available.)

• Like 3