No tights?

balletla

The latest trend in ballet seems to be for bare legs. Where is this coming from? I hate to say it but I have seen some truly awful sights recently - 6 o'clock penches, scorpions and straddle splits - with no tights!!! These girls are losing their dignity.

• Like 1

I had a situation where one of my cousins friends was talking about a 'hot little number' he'd seen/had a picture of. And that she was a professional dancer. They were passing the social media photo around and I was nearly sick to see it was one of my 14 yr old students. I didn't say anything at the time but had to bring it to her mothers attention. And the girls. I'm at a loss to understand why parents and their children think it is ok to post these pictures. I've just seen another dodgy one crop up tonight-shes 10,I never know do I say anything/ignore?! Tricky!

I've seen a this loads on social media too. Girls in their knickers/leotards doing 'tilts' in their bedrooms. I think it's pretty misguided. We had a fascinating and really quite sobering session with a social media consultant who used to be on a police special task force for crimes relating to social media at my sons school. The information which can be obtained even with all the privacy settings on is mind blowing. And kids just don't see any harm in putting all sorts of things on it that they wouldn't Dream of doing in real life.

That was very illuminating taxi4ballet!! Some of those costumes make a tutu look cheap and I don't think I would put my child in many of them.......

and how do you dance with half a peacock on your head??

Edited by sarahw