Northern Ballet School Audition.

Miracle

Onwards and upwards as you say swanprincess. Sorry to hear your news but it obviously was not the right place for you. You asked before about how many audition for Northern for the 40 places - I was under the impression that they ran auditions most Mondays from November to end Feb so I guess that's a lot of competition - certainly that was the case 3/4 years ago. Good luck in your remaining auditions.

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so so much for the encouragement and kind words- I don't feel as upset about Northern as I expected to, which is good! Congratulations to everyone who has a 'Yes' :)

Lin, yes I do have an audition for btuk.... This Sunday! :o hopefully it'll go slightly better than it did last year!! ;) xx

Edited by swanprincess
  • Like 7

Sorry to hear your news, swanprincess. Frankly, these schools could do with some PR training. There's no need to be blunt to the point of rudeness when turning down children and teenagers for their courses. 'Normal' independent schools wouldn't be able to get away with it.

• Like 1

Aww, that's sweet thank you :)

Yes, I did consider journalism (I also have a blog to document my ballet adventures!) however I felt that a university journalism degree might get boring as I wouldn't be allowed to just write about ballet! I think I've decided on a dance teaching career as a backup plan, although I suppose it would be good to do ballet reviews etc too!

• Like 7

Ooh, thankyou for reminding me about that course! I wanted to do it last year but couldn't as I only found out about it a few days before it started... I've looked online but can't find any information about it for this year, does anyone know if the details have been published yet?

I'm sure you could do both ......if it came to it that is.....teach and do some dance journalism!

As you also seem to like choreography ......as a teacher you could do more or less of this as you wanted......depending on how you wanted to work etc.

If you did some sort of Dance degree and then also a training teachers course in one of the major schools ....RAD for an example.....you would have quite wide options open to you. Of course all this takes money but doesn't have to be done all at once!

Anyway first things first .......and here's hoping you get what I know you really want is ....a place on a full time Dance course ...so really very good luck for tomorrow ......fingers crossed :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi miracle I'm not expecting to hear till April as last audition on website is end of March and who knows they may add more ? Thinking back we were told end of March or April - but looking like April to me !