RBS preliminary auditions

Zacharovitti

I've just realised today that school holiday is nearly over and my DD's RBS audition is in exactly two weeks time! (Bath centre). And if I remember well auditions start next week already in Manchester. Good luck to everybody!

Who else is auditioning? Did your DC managed to practise during Christmas break? My DD had one lesson per week and did a bit of Pilates every over day ish - so not too bad in my opinion but she can't wait to start her regular lessons next week. Happy New Year to you all!

• Like 2

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are coming from Ireland to audition for Year 8, but don't really expect too much as there is such competition for so few places, it is more for the experience. My good friend lives near White Lodge/Richmond, though we won't be auditioning there we found out lol! Will be a great day and she will see the world she wants to enter, a real eye opener I would say! She is strong dancer in her local countryside studio and does have a lot of facility, but so will all the girls there! I think it will really help her decide if she wants to put in the work she will need for a career, and of course just be amazing to dance at the Royal Ballet School studios!

Good luck to all auditioning!

• Like 1

It certainly comes round pretty quickly, it doesn't seem like two minutes since  the auditions last year. My GDD auditions in Manchester next week, we had a little discussion and both agreed that just because she had made the final for the past two years, it certainly doesn't mean she will this year. About a month ago it was a little worrying, as she had a little tendonitus problem in her hip, but with some help from a very good physiotherapist friend, it seems to have settled down. Best of luck to everyone.

Does anybody know how do WL finals work? (Not that I'm expecting my DD to be invited - just wanted to find out). Is it always junior 1 being girls first and a week after Junior 2 for boys and Y8-9? Or the other way around? Or is it different every year?

Hi everyone

DD has a prelim audition on 20th January for yr10, so this will be for senior associates and lower school, however on the website this date suggests senior associates and upper school?

Any advice?

Thanks!!! ❤️

As it is not in London they only have had one session for US previously so I expect they do the older associates on the same day rather than have staff twiddling thumbs. There will be far more auditioning for entry lower into the school so can easily fill a day with them. RBS seem to look at everyone with a view to a school place regardless of what you ticked on form.

She won't be in an audition with students trying for US but may be in a smaller group than if auditioned in London.

Edited by Jane

Thanks for the lovely welcome. Dd 's audition done! Big smiles all round, teachers/rbs staff all seemed lovely, so very positive experience. Hope

everyone else felt the same, fingers crossed for

finals. :0)

Well done to your DD Gowiththeflo! Good to know that everyone was nice and that she enjoyed it.

Now that wait! Did they tell when you'll get the results? The last WL/MA audition is on 25th I think... Hopefully just a week later the letter will arrive.. Good luck

Hi to everyone auditioning - exciting times!  Last year they invited about 20 boys and 24 girls to the finals for WL I think.  And a few (maybe 4 or so for each of years 8 and 9 at a guess - wasn't paying too much attention to the older years - sorry!).  I would like to wish everyone good luck but also say that I feel a bit conflicted and wish the current students good luck too because their assessments are coming up and will be equally stressful.  x

• Like 1

It does vary quite a lot from year to year. I've known it be well over 30 girls but can be quite a lot less. That's for year 7. They audition far fewer for the older years. Just a handful for each year and sometimes they don't take anyone into a year (often just 1).

Boys vary a lot too. Might only have 20 at finals but again, can be more. Just all depends who they saw at the pre-lims.

They always used to do the year 7 girls' audition on one day and all the boys with the girls year 8,9 & 10 on another day. I haven't looked to see if it's the same this year.

Good luck to everyone and to those who'll be doing their appraisals - it's an anxious time for everyone.

With my moderator hat on - may I suggest we keep appraisal\assessment discussion to another thread (there are some old ones too) to keep it easy for people to find information (not directed at you, ZooZoo, just that you reminded me that it's worth me saying that!)

• Like 1

I thought that they invite about 30-35 girls to finals? But to be honest I don't know, it's what I remembered from somewhere. Anyway the odds are small so good luck to everybody.

Who is going to Bath on Wednesday?

There were 24 girls when ours went for yr 7 final, but only 4 when she went for yr 8. So if a child does make the final for yr 7 the odds aren't that bad, if they still take 12.