Royal Ballet Summer School.

Miracle

We received a nicely worded email from the Royal Ballet yesterday late afternoon inviting parents to audition their child for Summer School. It came from the Summer School email address not Auditions. Has anyone else received one yesterday afternoon? Not sure why we have one.X

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered if it was those that were auditioning that had got one but clearly not as you've had one Tulip. Equally we haven't applied for 3 years. Never had a email or letter before. DD got Directors Waiting list last time. Very curious now. X

New director? Showing any interest in some European schools and I have found I am on their mailing list. Invited to showcases, end of year shows, apply to summer schools etc.

If RBS doing same might make finding out info about their master classes and wotkshops easier.

Too true Tulip, but I suppose it is a business after all. It's just like the final auditions for WL for instance, apart from year 7 they must have some idea whether someone is to be assessed out or not, but they still let children audition (at a cost) knowing it's almost certain no places are available.

I have a feeling it's a blanket email that is going out and every email address is being included. It's the first year that applications for all courses have been available on line and being able to pay through PayPal. This will save money on postage and banking.

Ax

We got two emails in the last few weeks... We tried last year with no success and will try another time this year but don't hold out much hope! She loves her ballet and has limited opportunities here in the west of Ireland so we figure there is no harm trying as she does have the right "look" and facility according to teacher! Not sure if we will try a third time next year though!

Irishballetmum have you thought of the Northern Ireland Summer Ballet School. It's organised by the R.A.D.

teachers in N Ireland and held  in August every year. They have guest teachers from the Royal Ballet School and Central. For the last 4-5 years Kenny Burke ( Who was the director of The Royal Scottish Ballet for a number of years ) Giving master classes through out the week.

With a very talented line up of painists they cover classical ballet, repertoire, character, contempory, creative dance and group performance with a show on the last day that is always fabulous.  My DD who has attended a number of summer schools and is 14 and at voc. school always really enjoys it.

Places are limited and do fill up very quickly.

Edited by balletdancer5299
  • Like 1

I didn't know about the Northern Ireland summer school! I really am still new to all this so have tried just Royal last year on her teachers recommendation. Will look into it for this summer as the Royal is just one of those dream ones she would love but not very realistic.

That online application form is a bit of a hassle isn't it?!!! I got to the last section, the Internet connection started being silly and I had to refresh the page so I don't know whether the details I had already filled in were deleted or not :S I've sent RBS an email to confirm that the application was okay, I'm going to be rather miffed if they say they've not recieved it but payment has already been taken from my account....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...