Getting to the Northern Ballet School

lilacfairy

Hi lilac my dd has auditioned for nbs recently. She loved it and had a very positive day. She had morning slot think we arrived about just before 9 am, the children were took to change and class and the parents just waited in the cafe in the nbs building for a few hours so take a book ! They come out after ballet and jazz class into the cafe all happy ! Then they were called back by number for physio and interview. My dd said interview was fine , the head was lovely and just questions like why do you like nbs , future goals nothing unpleasant ! Then we got took to theatre watched a performance and had talk with head . Results were about two weeks by letter.x

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am so dead chuffed I had to tell you all! After the December session debacle (found out afterwards the full extent of what happened!) they offered us a complementary re-take in July. Results came yesterday and we both got merits. 64, which is way more than I would have hoped for anyway! Probably the thing I have been most proud of in my life so far haha! So the whole shenanigans was worthwhile in the end, and nice to know the RAD do try and sort out their issues. 

• Like 9

Brilliant news. Well done, both for the result and for having the tenacity to go through it all again. And I agree, it's good to see that the RAD will acknowledge when things go wrong, and do sometyhing about it. That's a fantastic achievement and you certainly deserve to feel proud of yourselves.

• Like 3