White leotards for upper school auditions

What is peoples opinions of white leotards for upper school auditions. I wore my old white Leo for class last night and my teacher said she liked the way it looked in class so told me to have a look for one for auditions. I saw a nice wear moi one but not sure whether white is considered a 'young' colour? Just wanted to see what anyone else thought x

I think the most important thing with an audition leotard is that you feel 100% confident in it. You would stand out in white, and that takes courage, in a room full of girls you don't know who are most probably in black. If you have that level of confidence, I would be guided by your teacher and wear white!

• Like 4

My main concern would be that it's not too revealing, particularly after you have been sweating. You don't want to end up with the wet T shirt effect. I would go for something that has robust lining both up top and below. I'd also want to be very confident that my period wouldn't be starting on any audition day (but perhaps that's just me).

• Like 1

Thank you both:) I'm generally not self conscious when in auditions as I don't really look at anybody else and just concentrate on what I'm doing. The leotard im looking at has bust lining( I don't have a bust anyway haha) an I always wear a nude body stocking underneath light coloured leotards:)x

You may want to consider whether it will get grubby quickly? Some of the floors are not as clean as others and could be mini disaster if you got all grubby in the pre-audition stretching.

Apart from that consideration and those above, I think white leotards look very elegant.

To keep to the subject of leotards for auditions (rather than start a new thread, anaballerina I hope you don't mind)

DD has a fab turquoise leotard as uniform - would it be awful to wear that for an audition?

Also I'm after a nice green one, if anyone had seen one

& what are people's thoughts on 2 colour or patterned ones? I can't make up my mind

(BTW DD is MT not Ballet.......I wouldn't consider these for specifically Ballet ....at least I don't think I would)

Leotard ordered:) hope it looks okay when it comes back. I agree Bloch always do some lovely green leos I have a few and they wash really well too x