whirlwind of a day

sugarplumsmum

I would just like to tell the parents and DC our amazing news and give hope to you on your audition journey. My Dd today received the long awaited telephone call from Tring to say she has been offered a full Dada and they would like her to start her 1st year 6th form dance training on the 2nd November... as you can imagine we have had a lot of tears of joy and I am feeling overwhelmed and must admit a little sick with the shock as we really thought that now the term had started that was it, and I can freely admit I was relived I still had my baby at home with me for a little bit longer. Dd had decided to turn down other dance schools as she only had her heart on Tring, even though she congratulated all her friends on there placements for their 6th form places I could see her heart was breaking and advice from her SA teacher to try other places fell on deaf ears as she had a goal and focused only on this, and as her Mum I had to sit and watch her fall to pieces and now it is my turn as her dream has been granted and I have to do in under 2 weeks what her piers had months to do. so this is a message of two half's... encourage your child to never give up as if it is meant to be it will... but also if anyone has advice on what is priority and how to do this step by step I would openly except the advice with open arms as im not sure I can do this. :unsure:  :unsure:

thank you

• Like 31

I would just like to tell the parents and DC our amazing news and give hope to you on your audition journey. My Dd today received the long awaited telephone call from Tring to say she has been offered a full Dada and they would like her to start her 1st year 6th form dance training on the 2nd November... as you can imagine we have had a lot of tears of joy and I am feeling overwhelmed and must admit a little sick with the shock as we really thought that now the term had started that was it, and I can freely admit I was relived I still had my baby at home with me for a little bit longer. Dd had decided to turn down other dance schools as she only had her heart on Tring, even though she congratulated all her friends on there placements for their 6th form places I could see her heart was breaking and advice from her SA teacher to try other places fell on deaf ears as she had a goal and focused only on this, and as her Mum I had to sit and watch her fall to pieces and now it is my turn as her dream has been granted and I have to do in under 2 weeks what her piers had months to do. so this is a message of two half's... encourage your child to never give up as if it is meant to be it will... but also if anyone has advice on what is priority and how to do this step by step I would openly except the advice with open arms as im not sure I can do this. :unsure:  :unsure:

thank you

That's amazing, sugarplumsmum! Many congratulations to your dd! What a whirlwind indeed. Did your dd audition in the spring then? That's been an extremely long wait.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. yes Dd got given her place at the original auditions and an invite to audition for a Dada, from this she was placed on the waiting list. we weren't one of the lucky ones that were called back for the "last chance to perform" after the originals had there offers. she didn't get a Physio assessment at the audition just a number on the list. the only thing we did and im not sure if others have done is I emailed them once the term started and advised them that if the funding did become available even though my Dd had started her A levels at her regular 6th form that she would be happy to accept her place. I had the acknowledgment for this email this morning and the telephone call at 3 o'clock whilst waiting for my Dd to finish school, and was told that this had been in the pipeline a little while but figures had to be finalised because it is a full Dada as I am under the 20k bracket :blink:

• Like 10

Having had a whirlwind wreck my new shed today I was very relieved to read about a completely different one!

Wow.just Wow. And you will be just fine. And I am sure your daughter will relish this opportunity even more now having had to wait so long for it!

Thank you for sharing- it certainly made my day. And good luck!

• Like 3

Fantastics news and yes you can get this sorted in under 2 weeks.  Priority for me would be accommodation (unless you live close by), followed by health insurance.  Any dance items needed can be ordered but I doubt it would be expected for her to have everything ready for the start of the term.  Good luck!

• Like 4

I know there are topics on everything im going to ask but going to admit to you all I am a dyslexic and all the paperwork and words are over powering me :wacko:  I wish there was a list somewhere that's said where the best/ cheapest / easiest is... eg.. insurance? labels or stamper? charities that may still have funding to offer? and what cream to put on my eyes to take the soreness away lol if there are any 6th form parents that can message or advice me on dorm aspects please get in touch.

I am so very proud of her and I have to keep shaking myself and telling myself this is HER dream and she's worked so hard for it but im just a mum and she is my everything and im not prepared for this one little bit x

• Like 3

Please pm me if you like . My DS is Tring 6 . 1 . Everything there is wonderful. Another student started last week , for drama course - so she won't be the only Newbie ! Don't panic ! She just needs to go ! Everything else will fall into place and she will love it . Fabulous A level choices too x

• Like 2

http://www.easy2name.com/product.htm?product=letter-transfers I bought these & ironed them on with a hot fix applicator (like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/271394409436?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0 - I used to use it to stick sequins/jewels on for Ballroom/Latin) & it was so easy (possibly not the cheapest though)

I bought 50 black & 50 white & I nearly used them all