Summer schools 2015

macnatt

For those looking for a different European destination and Russian training, my daughter attended the Vaganova Ballet Academy Masterclass in Finland, run by the Vaganova Ballet Academy from St Petersburg as part of the Dance Open Festival, summer before last.  It was a great experience culminating in a final performance for the students and a gala with professionals from top European ballet companies.  Here is the link to the 2015 Masterclass:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vaganova-Ballet-Academy-Master-Class-in-Mikkeli/387729417916570?sk=timeline

My DD reviewed it in her blog (see link below, along with the Royal Ballet summer school of the same year).  Bristol Russian Ballet School also feature in the post and run an excellent, Vaganova method summer school in Bristol each year:

http://talaleeturton.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/looking-ahead-after-my-summer-break/

• Like 6

May be interested in the Bristol one for friends DD do they have their own website?

Here is the link for Bristol Russian Ballet School:

http://www.bristolrussianballetschool.com/

l'd highly recommend the training at Bristol Russian Ballet School - they know how to nurture and support their students - and they are very happy to provide advice to parents too!

• Like 2

Hi LinMm. yes. Bristol Russian Ballet School have their own website on www.Bristol Russian ballet school.com

The school also has videos on you tube of previous summer schools. Next year their summer school will be at the end of August. My dd has done this summer school for the last two years and would recommend it. There are always student attending from vocational schools and the standard is very high.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to say that my daughter attended the Natalia Kremen Ballet School Vaganova Summer Intensive 2014 and found it amazing. Challenging, fun and rewarding. It gave her lots of incentive to work hard, focus and understand the life of a professional dancer. Highly recommended!

• Like 4

My DD is at vocational school (year 12) which does mainly classical ballet, but also some musical theatre, singing, contemporary dance. DD has found, at the moment, that she is really really enjoying the contemporary and musical theatre!

Would it be a good idea for her to do a summer school focusing on these areas or stick to the ballet for now? 

And can anyone recommend a good summer school for vocational students which has a lot of emphasis on drama/singing/contemporary/other forms of dance?

Thanks!

My DD is at vocational school (year 12) which does mainly classical ballet, but also some musical theatre, singing, contemporary dance. DD has found, at the moment, that she is really really enjoying the contemporary and musical theatre!

Would it be a good idea for her to do a summer school focusing on these areas or stick to the ballet for now? 

And can anyone recommend a good summer school for vocational students which has a lot of emphasis on drama/singing/contemporary/other forms of dance?

Thanks!

Part of me would say to stick to concentrating on the Classical Ballet,as ,technically speaking it is the most demanding so the more training in it,the better. However the other part of me says,to do whichever would be the most enjoyable,and if this means a mix of styles,then go for it. Sorry if that`s not much help.!!

MY DD did this last year and really enjoyed it.  I have just seen that the cost is £150 junior and £170 seniors.

West end professionals daily giving workshops in Cats, Mary Poppins and the SNow White ballet by the principal of Vienna Festival.  

Think I have got info right. Here is the flyer.  

10911224_10153889306610190_3070957252500

• Like 1

Thanks cotes du rhone ! . Now we have to make a decision on The Joffery School in Florance. Or Teatro dell'Opera in Rome. Has any ones DC. attended any of these ?.

Hi I know this was a while back, but I just came across it. My dd did Joffrey Florence in 2012 and loved it! She would like to go back again this year not sure about funds. It was small and intimate, excellent teaching. The student standard was not as high as others she attended but the personal attention made up for it.

• Like 1

Hi.My daughter is attending a Summer School week at Ballet West in Scotland.I am just wondering if anyone else has been and have any recommendations for hotels to stay at whilst she is there.We are taking my mother too, so are looking to have a nice holiday whist my daughter is doing what she loves!We aim to stay close by in Oban or Taynuilt itself.