Rambert (School) Auditions for September 2015 and beyond.

Miracle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My interpretation was that it gets credited against the student account, meaning it gets taken off the amount of fees for the first year... So they are charged less against the student loan for their fees. I wasn't therefore expecting the deposit back. If it does, then that will be very helpful!

Edited by Nana Lily
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/22/2015 at 11:34, Pas de Quatre said:

It may quite simply be that they credit it towards the fee total.  At most schools there are odd extras that aren't covered by the Student Finance.

that can be the case  at  'normal' HEIs  as well  -  also  stuff like bills if you are in  certain accomodation   , plus  your printing + reprographics account   etc etc etc 

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Rambert (School) Auditions for September 2015 and beyond.
1 hour ago, Jete said:

Hello

Anyone to comment on the current auditioning process at Rambert? DD eager for tips.

Thanks

Hello Jete,

It may be worth searching through this thread as there are some comments about Rambert that come up if you search:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jete said:

Hello

Anyone to comment on the current auditioning process at Rambert? DD eager for tips.

Thanks

Hi Jete. Dd auditioned at Rambert a few weeks ago. There was a very informative talk for parents and applicants at the start, then parents were taken on a tour and there was plenty of opportunity to ask questions. There was a ballet class (with some pointe, but not much) and a contemporary class (with a short creative exercise at the end), each just over an hour long. Dd really enjoyed the classes! There was a panel of 7 or 8 watching, plus a physio wandering around looking at them. There were about 30 in the audition. About 6 were asked to stay to perform their solo. They did stress that nothing could be inferred from whether or not you were asked to do your solo - that would appear to be true, as dd was not asked to do her solo but has been recalled to finals. 

Good luck!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, BlueLou said:

Hi Jete. Dd auditioned at Rambert a few weeks ago. There was a very informative talk for parents and applicants at the start, then parents were taken on a tour and there was plenty of opportunity to ask questions. There was a ballet class (with some pointe, but not much) and a contemporary class (with a short creative exercise at the end), each just over an hour long. Dd really enjoyed the classes! There was a panel of 7 or 8 watching, plus a physio wandering around looking at them. There were about 30 in the audition. About 6 were asked to stay to perform their solo. They did stress that nothing could be inferred from whether or not you were asked to do your solo - that would appear to be true, as dd was not asked to do her solo but has been recalled to finals. 

Good luck!

why  put the 'hell yes'  through doing their solos ... 

at  any stage in  any application for anything  you fall into one of  three groups  'yes ' , 'no'  and 'maybe'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Perhaps the people asked to do their solos were the maybes rather than the yesses?

That's my point ...  the yes /no / maybe decision from the class element leaves  that group of people the panel want to see more of - but thry are the maybes ... the yeses they've seen enough , ditto the nos.  

1 hour ago, Nicola H said:

That's my point ...  the yes /no / maybe decision from the class element leaves  that group of people the panel want to see more of - but thry are the maybes ... the yeses they've seen enough , ditto the nos.  

I obviously misunderstood the way you had phrased your comment.  Thank you for the clarification.

33 minutes ago, WillowBallerina said:

I went to Rambert for an audition last Friday - sadly didn't get an offer but I wrote a blog post on my experience as it was enjoyable, hopefully that will be of help to some people. <3

link: https://dancemoredances.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/rambert-school-audition.html

Hi, Thank you for your blog. it was very interesting.  I know NBS took 8 days to receive a letter in the post, (Tues post after previous Mon audition) 

Good Luck