Rambert (School) Auditions for September 2015 and beyond.

Miracle

Congratulations on getting the waiting list!  I do know it is a mixed feeling as DD was on it last year. 

This year for the first time Rambert are holding an audition weekend in New York - om the 18th and 19th April.  I do think the recall audition gives you something to work towards and a clear timescale for finding out a result.

All the very best to your young dancers and congratulations again.  I know of a few beautiful dancers who did not get this far, so very well done to them :)

• Like 2

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is mixed feelings for him, it must be that all who go to the interview stage have been asked back for a recall on the 30th?? He has an audition in northern contemporary on the 14th of April!! So will there be places left to offer then after the recalls do you think?? This is driving me mad lol congrats to your dds debs and chaperone xxx

• Like 2

My dd is AM so maybe split boys/girls again.  I can only imagine that they will have places to offer after the recall otherwise why go to the time and trouble of holding a recall...and there is bound to be a bit of shuffling around from those who have had a straight yes.

• Like 1

DD hasn't auditioned at Rambert, but I'm reading the thread with interest and wishing all your dc's good luck! :)

Isn't the final recall on 30th April really late, as won't all the other schools have finished the process and will have expected people to accept/decline places by then?

• Like 2

Yes Taxi, seems that way to me too. I guess those who are really keen on Rambert will hold out til the recall, or those where other options haven't come through but I assume it is unlikely anyone could hold open other offers til this late on.

Deadline for Student Finance seems to be 9 months after start of academic year but you can apply before have confrmed place so I guess if concerned there is nothing to stop you/your DC applying now- could certainly start the ball rolling by registering and seeing what is required.

• Like 1

I'm not absolutely sure but I think it is the first year they have had recalls.  Perhaps it is in response to the uncertainty of previous years' time scales - this way everyone should at least know by a certain time - the institution, for numbers, and individuals for planning.

Student Finance say you can start applying in May.  My own experience is that if even a tiny thing has to change on an application it causes untold difficulty and stress, so I would not begin the process until you have all your ducks in a row.  Of course it is better to apply with plenty of time - but students can and do apply a week or two into a course starting.  (I wouldn't recommend this either - just saying it's possible!)

Just editing to say the experience of changing things on Student Finance applications is purely my own, that others may well have happier experiences - but it left me a gibbering wreck so I'm possibly overreacting....

Edited by mel
  • Like 3

Student finance is already open for applications.  The deadline is January 2016 for most courses but I think they recommend you apply in or by May (don't know if its by a certain date or end of month) to be positive the application process will be finished and the funds paid at the start of September.  We had no problems with Ds application for university - pretty straightforward even though as standard he did not for sure which university he would attend as it was dependent on A level results. Its an application made by student though with a section for parents to fill in. 

Edited by 2dancersmum
  • Like 2

Sorry 2Dancers, yes of course it is not starting in May but suggesting you finish by May.  Student Finance have a facebook page which has interesting feedback on it...I do think there is an element of "the luck of the draw" in whether you have a simple or complicated experience.

Student finance opens on the first Monday in February. The student makes the application and it usually takes about 20 mins if they have their passport, NI number and bank details in front of them. They may also need the UCAS code for the school they are applying to. The student needs to make a note of the CRN - Custmer Reference Number they are given and pass this to the parents. the initial registration process is a common one for the student and each parent alike. It then diverges to a choice between I am a student making an application or I am a parent supporting an application. Both mom and dad / step parents have to register independently to provide their own income details and can take upto an hour to do!!!! As you start to move through the application you can go back and change answers, save and continue or save and exit. It is a straight forward process but requires patience and time. It is better to get it all in place now and then change the school details if you need to. The earlier you apply the shorter the time to get the offers. Some of my students have had their student finance offers for a couple of weeks. if they decide to change their mind about which university they are going to a phone call will sort it out. However the longer you wait to submit the longer the time taken as many students submit in May and afterwards. Good luck with the process!!!!

Heather

Aka Taximom

• Like 1

Don't talk to me about student finance it is a nightmare! We applied on 1st April 2014, we got the approval on Tuesday this week after making a complaint! Just be warned they don't always put correspondance on the students account so you don't find there's problem until you call them after the alloted 6 weeks have passed without any news. We could have bought several pairs of pointe shoes with the money we have spent on phone calls and DHLing documents to the UK! We thought we would never get there. We are going to apply for next year at the weekend just in case. So be warned especially if you do not live in the UK like us,

DRSC