Rambert (School) Auditions for September 2015 and beyond.

Miracle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my son also had his audition at rambert yesterday, there were about 20 boys in the afternoon and 8 got called back to do their solo, then 6 got called back for interview and physical. My son was one of them ☺ just have to wait now for a reply!! He really loved the school. Congratulations to all who have had a yes so far. Xx

• Like 6

Joemill - there weren't any boys there the day we were there. I was wondering if they had separate days. Was it boys both morning and afternoon for you?

Hope you deal with the wait better than me - I lost an awful lot of sleep! And of course I also hope you get the news you want!

• Like 1

On tuesday this week there were all girls in the audition in the morning so I assumed there were no boys but then the boys all turned up for the afternoon audition...must have been over 20 of them. Quite a good approach to see them separately I think.

• Like 1

Yes there was girls in the morning and then the boys in the afternoon, I hate the waiting part it's horrible!! My son hasn't done an all boys audition before and we didn't know it was this until we turned up, he was shocked lol so regattah is your daughter going to accept the place and how long do they give you to let them know?? X

so regattah is your daughter going to accept the place and how long do they give you to let them know??

Joemill, we received the acceptance email on the 4th and had to accept it by the 18th. I know that some people on this board have expressed disapproval of doing this before, but we have accepted the place whilst we continue the audition process with the other 3 schools she applied for. (She also applied for her own school as it was encouraged, but we have turned down that offer as she wants to concentrate more on ballet or ballet/contemporary and her own school becomes more triple threat in the first year of upper school). We are continuing with the others as I feel we need to complete the process and that she can only make a true decision if she has the complete picture, but Rambert is right, right, right up there!

• Like 6

I think you made the right move Regattah - your DD wants to know all her choices before she makes a decision. After all. there are plenty on the waiting list that would be over the moon to accept a place at a slightly different date.No harm is done by keeping your options open  :)

• Like 1

I agree too, what other schools has she applied for? My son had done London contemporary, rambert and has an audition for northern in April. But he really really liked rambert. When we were there the lady said that there was only about 40/45 places and that they would have had about 500 auditioners so it's very tough competition!!! Xx

• Like 1

I'm anxiously waiting for a reply from Rambert re my DD's audition on 23rd Feb. Has anyone else's DC heard yet?

Our gut feeling is that it'll be a "no thanks" because although she was one of four that got an interview, no one got a physio check!

I am the same my son auditioned on the 24th and I think I am going slightly mad, this is torture ???? as far as I could make out they were having more auditions yesterday and today so we might hear tomorrow or maybe next Wednesday!! As they only audition on a Monday and Tuesday xxx

• Like 2

There were rumours last year of recalls, mentioned in the 2014 Rambert thread on the forum but I was not involved and do not know if anything happened.

Personally I think that you both have quite positive news so congratulations. Obviously a 'yes' would have been better but it is not a 'no' and with a recall audition you at least have a timescale to go on for when you might hear. Last year there appeared to be quite a few people on the reserve list for a long time with no idea when they would hear - and there were places offered off the reserve list too so it is not a definite 'no'

• Like 3

Yes I think you are right 2dancersmum- the reserve list sounded a bit tricky last year so at least they are channeling the reserves into one slot with known timescales.  I noticed on their website that they have also brought forward final deadline for applications.