Genée International Ballet Competition 2014

Lildancer96

My dd has had to withdraw from this competition due to injury and I now have tickets for both the semi finals and the final if anyone is interested, I have posted on the 'For sale' section of the forum.

Just wanted to say thank you though to all the lovely people on here who have sent private messages. Much appreciated :)

Lildancer96 sorry to hear your news and I know how you are feeling as my daughter will also not be dancing due to an injury. Very upsetting for our daughters but hopefully they will have other opportunities in the future. Wishing all who are dancing lots of luck and enjoyment xxx

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about their withdrawals.  My son had to withdraw from the only really big competition he went in for (the Cecchetti International Awards) due to an injury.  So disappointing as it was in this country, hotels booked, he'd had few other opportunities to be seen etc.  I admit the disappointment stayed with me for quite a while, and he seemed to get over it quicker than me.  Always the way!

I wish them speedy recoveries.

And good luck to those who are taking part either in the actual Genee competition or the challenge.

• Like 6

Lildancer96 sorry to hear your news and I know how you are feeling as my daughter will also not be dancing due to an injury. Very upsetting for our daughters but hopefully they will have other opportunities in the future. Wishing all who are dancing lots of luck and enjoyment xxx

Speedy recovery to your dd too kat09 ;)

• Like 1

Hope your dd is on the mend Kat09. Generally the challenge was enjoyed by all I think. Darcey was late apparently. The standard wasn't massively high this time although I believe level 4 was a pretty even playing field. Now unfortunately the 3 winners from the UK levels 1-3 cannot afford to go back to perform at the Genee finals next week as the RAD are not paying for them to go. Really cross! Any short notice sponsorship ideas??

• Like 2

Hi Balletqs - daughter is on the mend thankfully and wore her pointe shoes for the 1st time in 6 weeks this week. What a shame the winners can't return to dance as I'm sure that it would be a lovely experience for them. It's probably a bit late in the day to try to raise sponsorship :(

• Like 2

Dance teacher said Darcey was late because the taxi dropped her I the wrong place and she couldn't get hold of the organiser so had to walk for an hour and a half to get to the venue!!☺️

Hope your dd is on the mend Kat09. Generally the challenge was enjoyed by all I think. Darcey was late apparently. The standard wasn't massively high this time although I believe level 4 was a pretty even playing field. Now unfortunately the 3 winners from the UK levels 1-3 cannot afford to go back to perform at the Genee finals next week as the RAD are not paying for them to go. Really cross! Any short notice sponsorship ideas??

You could try a kickstarter or crowdfunder appeal but you have to make a case for either.

Yes think it is. I don't think they made it clear they would be responsible for funding their return. Such a shame. So glad yr dd is recovering well great news :)

Hi Balletqs - daughter is on the mend thankfully and wore her pointe shoes for the 1st time in 6 weeks this week. What a shame the winners can't return to dance as I'm sure that it would be a lovely experience for them. It's probably a bit late in the day to try to raise sponsorship :(

Edited by balletqs
  • Like 1

'Retweet' of Genee Finalists 2 boys, 10 girls. Unanimous decision. 2 ENBS girls, 1 Elmhurst girl and 1 Central boy I believe: @RADheadquarters: #Genee2014 Finalists: 4 of 12 Jessica Allison - Walker, Australia; Jessica Brown, Australia, Rachel Hickey, British; Uyu Hiromoto; Japanese @RADheadquarters: cont'd #Genee2014 8 of 12 Honoka Ishihara, Japanese; Mikaela Johnson, Australian; Vida Polakov, US/New Zealand; Lucinda Strachan, British @RADheadquarters: Cont'd #Genee2014 Isabella Swietlicki, British; Midori Yokomori, Japanese; James Parratt, British; Weslley Vitalino Carvalho Da Silva Brazil

• Like 4