Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it will be a nice day off work and a day out. I'm looking forward to parking myself in the little cafe I found last time off the high street. Was hoping for an opportunity to go back there for another bowl of their gorgeous homemade soup with a chunk of bread and butter. Can't wait!!

• Like 1

I wish you all every success at the funding final , as this is a truly wonderful school . I had a pupil a couple of years ago who got through to the physio stage , and didn't get an MDS at the time. - but was offered one in the July. ! So don't give up on it happening at the last minute x

• Like 1

From past experience of DS and previous pupils - it seems physio is good - however there is little to be gained from speculating . I suppose one can deduce that they wouldn't give someone a physio if not interested in them . I'm sure someone will know someone who got an MDS without having had a physio . Anyway all the best SwaybackSapphire x

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light for me....dd was at WL finals yesterday and met a little girl who told her that She had been offered a place at Tring with a scholarship, and that she had been offered this "on the spot" and doesn't need to go to funding audition. Well as you all know I'm a bit of a novice at all this so didn't realise they offered scholarships, are these paid for by the school?? And how many are offered?? Etc, just interested really as this is a new development for me to hear of! :)

I would have thought that they either mean 

1.  They have offered her a MDS without needing to go to funding audition, or

2.  She is an overseas candidate, maybe, and won't get funding, but they have offered a bit off the fees because they want her.

If it's 1, that doesn't seem really fair, IMO.

Or it's not really true and what she means is that she has been offered a PLACE! 

Well I've heard about a DC who had an offer straight after the first audition (and I'm talking about a different child definitely) - I think this was because they really liked that DC and thought the DC was very much their school "type" of dancer.

Yes it might look a bit not fair but they would just postpone the fact and offer the MDS to that child anyway on the final audition day.

Guest Autumn days

I know this happened to a couple of girls we knew when my daughter was auditioning for yr 7 some years ago now. I know of one who did accept the place there and then and withdrew from other auditions and one who didn't accept and went on to get a place at WL.

I didn't have a problem with this because the schools want the students who they perceive to best at the time. They are not taking a place away from anyone else as everyone attends a first audition and has the same chance of recieving the same offer if considered suitable!!

• Like 4

A few years ago I was at the tring christmas course and at the end the head of dance pulled a girl and boy from elmhurst to the side and said that if they wanted places they would be able to start next term! Just goes to show that if they want you they'll find a way to get you!

Just wanted to check - after the letter offering my DD a place at Tring and inviting her to finals I never received any more information. I did send a reply to accept the finals and never heard back from the school after. Just wanted to check with you if that's normal. I know that some received an email with a different start time, but I wonder about Year 7 entry. Thanks

Good luck to all at Tring on Wednesday.

We aren't going now as DH has new job that has taken us over the threshold so have accepted the place and will be skint! I have heard that they haven't offered an MDS to anybody ahead of Wednesday. Good luck all!! X

• Like 5

Good luck from us too... I'm definitely more nervous than DD and think this wait is going to be worse than the first time round!!

Slightly wishing I hadn't asked but have been told by Tring that there are over 60 at Wednesday's finals for 9 MDS places. They also implied this was for years 7 to 12 which surprised me (didn't know year 12 could apply for MDS awards) unless it was a mistake and they meant year 11)