Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dd also has the offer of a place and a funding audition. Still totally wired at 23.25 on a school night. Yes she knows it may not come to anything

but her little spot of success at this stage is a big boost nevertheless :-)

Great news!! Well done to your DD!

• 4 weeks later...

DD has audition booked for 27/1 .. We have no idea what to expect so I'm off to read previous threads from lovely helpful people on here

Huge well done & congrats Busymum, Cantabile, Happymum , Piccolo :)

Thank you :-)

Good luck to your DD! I'm sure she will have a good day. Everyone was friendly and supportive. First ballet class, then jazz routine followed by flexibility test, then everybody danced their solo (with other children in the studio watching/waiting for their turn). The academic tests weren't very difficult. 15min for first 2 tests and 12 for the last one. Lunch in the canteen (just for the children).

Oh, and before the classes started we were all taken for a tour around the school - mainly the boarding facilities as children were having their academic lessons. Feel free to Send me a message if you have any questions. Fingers crossed for your DD.

• Like 2

My dd also has 27/01, very exciting and thanks for that info happymum I too have been trying to find info about the day on old threads so your post was very helpful. Did anyone's child do the drama piece or plan on doing it, my dd has never done anything like this so not sure what or whether to do something?

My DD said that she didn't see anybody doing drama, singing or instrument on the day of her audition. (But maybe somebody did and she didn't noticed). Everybody danced solo, some danced classical ballet ( like my DD) but majority didn't - it was jazz/ modern or contemporary(ish) or MT style.

• Like 1

Thank you happymum and yes her main focus is the ballet, we nearly didn't even do Tring as I was so busy I missed the first set of auditions, so was relieved when they put more dates up. To be honest We don't really know anything about Tring other than what we have learnt on here (dd teacher hadn't even heard of it!) so mainly using it as audition experience as dd has never done anything like it before, as in a full day audition. Good luck everyone else with upcoming auditions xx

Thanks Annaliesey, good luck to your dd and good luck Lema! Happymum, your dd's account of the Tring audition is impressively thorough! I would never get that much information from my dd! I was a bit worried that she would get hungry there as she had the suggested light lunch before hand, and I didn't send her in with any snacks. I needn't have worried though as I got the impression she'd been well looked after, and made to feel at home there.

• Like 1

Thanks Annaliesey, good luck to your dd and good luck Lema! Happymum, your dd's account of the Tring audition is impressively thorough! I

would never get that much information from my

dd! I was a bit worried that she would get hungry there as she had the suggested light lunch before hand, and I didn't send her in with any snacks. I needn't have worried though as I got the

impression she'd been well looked after, and made to feel at home there.

Ha ha!! It made me laugh Piccolo! My DD never tells me anything apart from "it was OK/fine/good" or "I don't remember". What I do now is I made her promise that she will tell me everything straight after an audition (or other important event) Of course she still doesn't so I gain all the information by asking lots of questions! Edited by Happymum
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little note to say dd happy with how things went yesterday and it was a group of 17 and I think there were about 7 boys

Great to hear your DD enjoyed it! Hope you won't need to wait that long for the results (I think we waited about 3 weeks - November auditions).