Intake age

anneeliz

Hi, can anyone tell me if White Lodge will start pupils for full-time training at any age, or do they only have intakes at certain school years? Is it the same for all the ballet schools?

Also, do they have to have reached a certain level in their training, any particular grade?

Edited by anneeliz

Schools in the UK which have a lower school have their largest intake at age 11. At this age they are looking for potential and suitability for training. Many applicants have been dancing from a young age but this is not a requirement, nor is it necessary to have passed any particular exams.

Entry for years 8, 9 and 10 is much more difficult because it first depends on a place becoming available at that school due to someone leaving or being assessed out, thus, much fewer places are available in those years. No dance exams are necessary for entry into those years either but candidates will be expected to be working at a similar level to their peers already at the school, so realistically, successful applicants will have been receiving quality training from elsewhere.

Anneeliz

We know of dc that have got into year 11 (those that turn 16) that have come from abroad and therefore not joining the academic classes with the rest of the year. Think very few from UK would consider auditioning for that year as it is half way through their exam courses and within months of starting would be back on the audition round trying to gain a sixth form place.

• Like 1

Thank you harwel she is on RAD intermediate now but I might start going through some of the old advanced foundation with her in the house just so she knows the vocabulary

I've just done my advanced foundation so am only now learning advanced one. Was just planning on teaching her the more complexed vocabulary that she wouldn't do in intermediate. Not to take the exam because obviously she wouldn't be able to do the old syllabus. Purely for knowledge of vocabulary that's all