Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I'm worried about! That we should do the photos ASAP! Are they mostly the same photos needed for all Y7 auditions? How soon should we send the application forms? I'm starting to panic!

Photo requirements are available on the Elmhurst website now; Tring photos are slightly different poses if I remember rightly. Most of the schools have similar requirements but there are a few exceptions so it's best to try to find out all the poses required before having photos taken.

• Like 1

For lower school I would certainly try to take them in a dance studio, Lema. Preferably with help from your dd's teacher to get the positions just right. Ideally they should have a blank wall (or just a ballet barre) behind them which is difficult to do at home.

I have just printed out Elmhurst application forms and I have a silly question. Please excuse me but I'm not British and I'm not sure what does it mean:

Registration form, Question 5, Weight....... Height....... (In stockinged feet) I tried google and I still don't understand! And I wanted to do the forms tonight.

• Like 1

So I have just send the forms out asking for a place at November 18th audition. Not sure if I have done a good thing sending it as a "sign for" letter... From one site I want to make sure it gets there but then I feel guilty that they need to sign for it and I'm sure they receive hundreds of applications!

Does anyone remember if Elmhurst confirms that they received the application? And how soon do they let us know about our audition date/time etc?

Whilst it is no help whatsoever to all the question regarding photos and form filling, I would like to say good luck to all those applying for lower and upper schools. Takes me back to 11+ years ago when we started on process. Unfortunately at the time I has never heard of Balletcoforum. This is a wonderful resource and the support is unique. Now through the other end with a professional DS. But it doesn't stop there ...

• Like 5

Elmhurst send you a letter telling you when your audition day is, times etc. there's nothing to worry about. All the schools are quite good at letting you know details of the auditions. We went through all this last year. All I can say is good luck to all of you. The competition last year was horrendous and I presume will be this year again. Funnily enough though, everyone we know are now in the school that is meant for them, be it a ballet school or a 6th form.

• Like 3

Oh no!!!! I've just received the confirmation that my DD's application forms has been received and she has been offered a place at audition on the day we can not really make! And I asked and explained on the forms :-(

I hope it's just by mistake... Or is it that they can't really pay attention to all the needs of all the applicants as they have hundreds of them?

I replied to this email, explained and asked once again. Maybe I should have called? Don't want to make a fuss and be difficult, they are busy enough I'm sure :-(

Panic over!! I've got the reply within 5 minutes and it was just a mistake. So! We will be there on November the 18th trying for Y7 place :-)

(Note to myself for the future: don't panic and don't rush to share it with all the forum members, wait 5 minutes and try to stay calm...)

• Like 8

We have our audition date for Tring 6th form Dance. I sent in our dd application beginning of September as I was unsure when to send it in. I cant believe how fast the process has been.

Edited by ~Vetty~

Hello Vetty and welcome to the Forum.  Good luck with the audition.

There are lots of threads on the Doing Dance Forum about Tring, which may have information of use to you.  Here are a couple:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/7891-tring-application-photos/?hl=tring

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/7832-tring-lower-school-dance-audition-date-through/?hl=tring

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/7713-tring-1st-day-help/?hl=tring

• Like 2