Contemporary classes in South Wales

I recently wanted to find new local contemporary classes for my daughter and with a bit of a web trawl, looking beyond the usual dance schools in the area I found classes that are aimed at adults  but suitable for older teens and are a good standard of contemporary training so handy as a way to complement other training or as an occasional filler. I hadn't been aware of for example in our area there is a small contemporary dance company that offer a weekly class and a hotyoga studio doing occasional dance workshops - one with a company dancer with Matthew Bourne which was excellent.  So I guess it may be worth taking a look at whether there are similar things popping up where you are??  We are in Cambridge so it could be completely unrepresentative!

Also meant to say that if your interest is simply buillding up knowledge/experience of contemporary- if you are near a University town there could be a dance society/club there that may be worth investigating as they are sometmes happy to have other keen people involved.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately classes are on a Sunday and I work a Sunday so I can't do it:/ thank you for looking though x

Oh that's a shame. I remember now; work also clashed with your Ballet associates, didn't it? :-(

Guessing you couldn't swap shifts so that you work on a Friday evening or Saturday?

anaballerina, are you on Facebook? If so search for the group Cardiff Dance, it's usually updated with classes etc in Cardiff and surrounding regions. It's been quite a while since I took contemporary class in the 'diff, and Rubicon was the last place I went to but they don't seem to be running contemporary this term: http://www.rubicondance.co.uk/. Might be worth getting in contact with them, though? Earthfall usually run CPD classes and you could also give The Gate a try...