Got To Dance (Shannon and Pete Parker)

LupusMelis

Hope this is the right place to share this info. Former NBT & Ballet du Rhin dancers (and friends to my own Hype Dance Company!!) Shannon and Pete Parker have been picked for Ashley Banjo's team for Got To Dance

Forum members connected to Opes Summer School and Midlands Associates will also recognise them :)

Hope they go far, they're both stunning dancers and such generous people and teachers

Edited by John Mallinson
Edited to correct video link
  • Like 9

Anyone who didn't see Sky 1 on Saturday night. Peter and Shannon Parker, under the name of Bitter Harvest, performed ballet and are through to tonights live semi-final.

Peter and Shannon are part of OPES, directors and teachers of midlands associates and ex-professional ballet dancers.

Beautiful performance.

You can still see it on sky catch up and on youtube.

• Like 8

Beautiful performance tonight from Bitter Harvest - DD has been taught by them at MTB so was thrilled to see them performing.

Equally amazing was Kaine's performance last night - and DD was just as thrilled to see him on GTD as she was at NYB with him the last couple of weeks and will be at the same school as him from September! 

How exciting to see people that she actually knows out there living it! :)

• Like 9

We don't have Sky, so I am not asking this to be "clever".  Why are former professionals taking part in a reality talent competition?  Isn't it supposed to be to discover hidden talent?  Obviously, they're beautiful, but I mean they know that - we know that - so why?

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 3

I used to watch this programme when I had Sky. One thing I HATE about it is the camera panning over to the Judges faces while they are dancing. It`s not like X Factor,where you can still hear the individual singing even when the camera is on the face of a judge. It`s a dancing programme. I want to see the whole dance.

• Like 6

Ugh, don't get me started on the standard of camera work during TV dance shows. It really is atrocious. Apart from panning away to look at the Judges, I just want to see the dancers from around the same distance as a good stalls seat. The camera usually skips every two seconds to distance shots, close ups, judges, the audience etc until the whole feeling of the dance is lost. Britain's got talent is probably the worst culprit.

The other thing which irritates me is whomever instructs the audience to cheer when a lift is performed. Grrrrrrr!

• Like 5

But to most of the Sky1 viewing public, Shannon and Pete are 'hidden' talent. Are they as well known to these audience members as Diversity, Pussycat Dolls, Adam Garcia etc? Probably not! Irrespective of their sublime technique, previous career heights and aesthetic beauty what these two have is completely incomparable chemistry. They dance as one and I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say it's impossible to tear your eyes away from them. Shannon and Pete danced at the Hype annual show earlier this year and performed this duet, http://youtu.be/Z0mmWNH9CU4, I was practically in tears watching them! And for me it's that connection that they have that's probably resonating with the judging panel and the audience, they make classical ballet accessible and enjoyable for everyone who's watching them and are providing inspiration to those of us who are pursuing professional careers despite being 'outside the box'.

Pete has given two workshops so far to Hype ballet students at no extra cost than our normal ballet lessons, I sincerely doubt that either of them are in it for the substantial prize money...and even if they are, they bleeding well deserve it!!

• Like 11

Vote vote vote for them in Friday's final! You get ten votes online for free (it's really easy) & I think they won't necessarily have the following like the big groups, I loved them & Kaine for the beautiful natural simplicity - not loads of tricks & spectacle of the groups, just actual lovely technique & presence! Vote!!

• Like 4

Skydancer - thank you!  Are any of the entries on youtube as I can't get Sky? By the way when I opened your link I got two men dancing together - is that right?

Hello Dance*is*life! :)

Here're the links to the YouTube vids:

Audition: http://youtu.be/SYYrJ3DLotY

Live Show: http://youtu.be/VJO4MqjYzME

And yes, Les Indomptes was originally choreographed for and performed by two men (the brothers dancing in this video). Sadly I haven't been able to get hold of a clip of Shannon and Pete's performance of it to share.

Ugh, don't get me started on the standard of camera work during TV dance shows. It really is atrocious. Apart from panning away to look at the Judges, I just want to see the dancers from around the same distance as a good stalls seat. The camera usually skips every two seconds to distance shots, close ups, judges, the audience etc until the whole feeling of the dance is lost. Britain's got talent is probably the worst culprit.

The other thing which irritates me is whomever instructs the audience to cheer when a lift is performed. Grrrrrrr!

I was lucky enough to watch the taping of the final tonight and the audience is told do clap whenever anyone does a 'leap, jump, lift, turn, knee slide or flip' as it 'urges people at home on' so I'd say that's why the audience cheer at lifts! Annoying isn't it but I suppose if it were to be silent just for that act it would come across as no one liking it and could affect votes- thought they were wonderful tonight?!!

I was at Earls Court this evening too and my friends and I just do not understand what the attraction of "Duplic8" (the winning act) was at all. It seems an odd pairing to me, their dancing was good but not compared to the others - we thought they were the weakest of all finalists yet the audience went wild when they were announced or danced! Were we missing something?!

I thought that Bitter Harvest were beautiful, Kaine too. Dance Illusion and the other contemporary duet (sorry the name escaped me) both were phenomenal and all the other acts were very impressive.

But I don't understand the appeal of the winners!!?!

• Like 4

I'm in the same corner as you, drdance! Watching 'Duplic8' was the movement equivalent of listening to a good violinist play some scales. Yes, they obviously have the facility to move, but to me their act was far from 'dancing'. I would've found more to engage with watching a yoga class than I did watching their 'performance'. Where was the soul????

• Like 3

Totally agree. None of my household thought that duplic8 were worthy winners, I would have said they were the weakest finalists let alone the top three!! Guess it was more 'got to crowd please' than 'got to dance'!!

I agree too- without sounding too harsh as I don't wish to offend the act, even the judges gave them two red stars in the first section, the only gold came from their team leader, I didn't understand the appeal and even how they had such a huge following in the audience, larger than some of the big crews, when it was a two person act. They seem to have a large following and people would go absolutely wild when they were announced despite what act they were supporting. I too feel like I've missed something as I felt the entire dance was them joking having fun. Yes they entertained but they weren't excellent dancers.