BBC Young Dancer Competition

drdance

So if I understand correctly, the ballet dates which might be open to the public will be:

Second round:
19 December 2014, Northern Ballet, Leeds
(Just called to see if this is open to the public. They don't know and asked me to call back later.)

Category Finals:
19–22 March 2015, one category per evening - The Riverfront, Newport, South Wales
(Just called and they also don't yet know which category will be on which date.)

Final:
9 May 2015,  Sadler’s Wells, London.

Yaffa

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Newport Central Travelodge:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/399/Newport-Central-hotel

is apparently very close to where the ballet finals will be held, and currently has both family rooms and twin rooms available for each of the nights (19th to 22nd March) for £25 per room - They'll probably go quite quickly.

Anyone who's interested in cutting the cost further by sharing the rent of an apartment/house for the weekend, please send me a PM.

How about a balletcoforum meetup that weekend?

Yaffa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tickets for the final (9th May) are now on sale at the Sadler's Wells site (and eligible for the 20% multibuy discount if you buy the same number of seats for a different performance).  See: http://www.sadlerswells.com/whats-on/2015/bbc-young-dancer-2015-grand-final/

NB: This is the overall final (all genres), not the ballet final

Yaffa [edited for clarity]

Edited by Yaffa

• 2 weeks later...

Centre Pointe in Manchester have announced on their FB page they have one current student in the contemporary final of 20, and one graduate now at Elmhurst in the final 20 for classical. I tried to paste a link, but can't for doe reason. Well done to both girls.

• Like 2

From Central School of Ballet FB page this afternoon:

'Congratulations to 4 of our third year students who are through to the second round of BBC's Young Dancer competition! They are busy rehearsing for their live performances in front of the judges in December.'

• Like 5

I too was wondering if anyone from RBS, ENBS, Rambert or Elmhurst has got got through, but then again haven't heard if they entered in the first place.

Anyone know of anyone from those schools who entered and has got through to the next round?

It might be down to the BBC if its yet to be televised. I am only conjecturing but if they show early rounds then they wont want viewers to know results.

A friend of mines son was on the winning University Challenge side some years ago and all the competitors were sworn to secrecy about the results. So she didnt know her son had won until it was broadcast quite some time after it was filmed.

So I wonder if similar restrictions have been placed in this young dancer competition.

Tickets for the 2nd round (18th and 19th December - I think ballet is on the 19th) are now available for free (max 4 per night) at  the Stanley and Audrey Burton Theatre in Leeds:

http://theatreleeds.com/d/?q=event/bbc-young-dancer-2015

I called the Riverfront in Newport (hosting the category finals in 19th-22nd March). They aren't yet sure when they'll start selling tickets.

Tickets for the overall final (9th May) were available on the Sadler's Wells site but they are currently sold out.

Yaffa

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...