Northern Ballet School (Manchester) Summer School.

Miracle

Hi Miracle, yes she did as some full time students were there to help and the faculty was the year long one.

They were splits in different levels after their first ballet class. 3 levels I think. DD was put in the top level even though she doesn't do RAD. There were all tested there and then...

Hope it helps!

Hi Miracle. My dd is attending the summer school next week she is going to be staying with family nearby as she is too young to go in the boarding house and we live in Cornwall. I am working so won't be able to get up or see the show at the end but it's a chance for my family to be involved and see her dance so it will be nice for them. She is 13 and been studying inter foundation ballet for a year and half and due to take her exam very soon. She also studies intermediate in her Cats program. How old is your dd.

We was a bit worried in case the girls would be a lot older so it's nice to no your daughter is only 14. Her gran is taking her in every morning and an aunt is picking her up so she will probably no who she is by the end of the week.

Hi! My daughter did the Summer School last year and will be attending this year. She really loved it and the end of week was super - well worth watching. H went last year, because she has been auditioning this year and is going to Norther in September. The school is strict, but very friendly and provides a real family atmosphere. Although 17, I will ask her to look out for the younger ones. H is going to be living in New Med House in September, but will stay with her sister next week. Let me know if you need anymore info, but I can't speak highly enough of the school and despite being a long way from home it was her first choice (she turned down a scholarship at another school to go there).

• Like 1

Well DD is all settled in at New Medlock House. DD said matrons are lovely and the single rooms with ensuite are very nice. There is a kitchen with fridge/freezer & tea/coffee making.Hope your DD enjoys her week Curious.Xx

Hi Curious, My DD kept an eye out but didn't spot your DD. My DD is in group 1.

DD said there was a lady in watching the ballet class and after lunch the names of who was in each group and timetables were put up. Which group is your DD in? X

Hi Miracle. My dd is in group 2 I think she was talking to her today does your dd go to vocational school as my dd thinks she was talking to her today about her school as she applied this year and got in but decided to stay at home. She has really enjoyed it and said everyone is really friendly very tired tonight though.

I didn't get to see the show my parents and some of my family went and said it was really good. She has had a brilliant time and learnt so much . It was a shame they couldn't take pictures or videos I would have liked to have seen it. My dd was the one doing acro in the tap routine I think she has spoken to your dd. She has made some lovely friends and can't wait to go again next year, worth doing and great teaching she said.

• Like 1