English youth ballet - 2015 dates

balletmum20

They did Leamington 4 years ago, The practices were at Warwick

My dd just completed Nottingham yesterday and its confirmed 2016 back to Nottingham. I'm sure we will here soon the next places 

• 1 month later...

Oh no, I'm gutted. Nothing within a couple of hours drive for us again, and DD is running out of time as she will be 17 next year. I would love to know how they decide where to go, as to an outside observer it seems a bit random. A few years ago, they did Southport and Preston in the same season, and they are only about half an hour's drive apart. (Quite a few girls my DD knows did both.) This year they were in Stockport and next year are going to Buxton - again, 2 towns very close together - but then other areas will go for years with nothing at all. I'm sure there must be reasons, but it's very frustrating.

• Like 1

SOUTHSEA - Sleeping Beauty - Audition 3 November - Performances 6-7 March

AYLESBURY - Swan Lake - Audition 18 November - Performances 24-25 April

SOUTHEND - Coppelia - Audition 1 February - Performances 21-22 August

SHREWSBURY - Swan Lake - Audition 9 March - Performances 10-11 July

STOKE - Swan Lake - Audition - 1 May - Performances 18-19 September

BRADFORD - Giselle - Audition TBC - Performances 5-6 June

STEVENAGE - Sleeping Beauty - Audition TBC - Performances 16-17 October

BUXTON - Nutcracker - Audition TBC - Performances 13-14 November

• Like 6

Does anyone know what the rehearsal schedule is usually like? I know it must vary from venue to venue but do they tend to fall on a certain day, how many etc thanks. Also little DD has just turned 12 so would fall into the older group- how have other 12 year olds found being in the older group? Thanks for any advice.

• Like 1

Sleep - they normally have about 10 days of rehearsals in a local school before transferring to the theatre for dress rehearsals and performances. Each day is 6 hours and it varies between 11-5, 12-6 sometimes 1-7. They are either at weekends or a block of rehearsals in school holidays.

• Like 2