Free classes at RAD HQ taught by teachers in training.

PrettyPointes

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this? A friend mentioned she was going to go to this but I can't find any mention of it on the RAD website.

Apparently, they have classes in all grades (vocational and recreational) that are free because they are taught by teachers-in-training. 

Any insight would be much appreciated!

I think this is classes that are for teacher or examiner training as this has run in the past at London HQ in the summer over a duration of a week or two I think.  It was publicised on the RAD web pages last year but not seen mention of it htis year.  Probably best to email , someone mentioned it to me at my dd's associate classes  a few weeks ago too.

they didnt used to run above about inter foundation but i think they ran intermediate as my friends and i who have been about 5 times kept asking and the organiser wanted us back so they ran it! would be interested to know what grade they go up to now. i also think that it was non-syl but they used grades as a standard indication but i may be wrong x

Guest dancer2027

If anyone knows whether they are doing advanced 2 ones would be much appreciated for information!! Thanks

Hi

My daughter went today and they are only doing the classes up to Intermediate level.

They have mainly lower grades of level classes for next week left.  Mostly full now for Intermediate and Intermediate Foundation.

Hope this helps.

My DD did the PDTD (professional dance teachers diploma) classes last year (and met Darcey Bussell) and is doing them again this year. I originally found out about them on the RAD website but was e-mailed direct this year.

I'm not sure about the higher levels but it seems as though they are often in need of students for the examination weeks. Kerry Dignan is the programme manager and, as her emails tend to encourage people to circulate the information to interested parties, I'm sure it's fine to put her name on here.