Dance shoe shops in London

Danceroo

DD has an audition in North London on Tuesday so we have to come into London. I need to buy her some white satin ballet shoes for NYB. I have had no luck locally and the ones I ordered online just don't fit! Can anyone recommend a good shop with a wide range if stock we could try ? It needs to be near to Marylebone as I might not have a lot of time. Thanks

The shop with the widest range would probably be Dancia in Drury Lane, as they stock several different manufacturers.

John Lewis sell white ballet shoes online (http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girl-satin-ballet-shoes/p44086) so you could call the Oxford Street branch to see if they have them instore.

Personally I would also try Freed as they do Wedding shoes so may sell white satin ballet shoes as part of a bridesmaids' range. Worth a look, anyway.

if you go to Drury Lane there are quite a few dance shops- I was there with DS a month or so ago and there's a lot more than just dancia (one is capezio I think - try googling drury lane ballet shop then you can ring ahead and check what they have in the way of stock before traipsing over there)

There are lots of shops in and around the Covent garden area that are easily accessible by walking. Bloch, Danica and sancha are all in drury lane with capezio in the next street. Freed is also within close walking distance:)

I have never used them but there is Gandolffi in Marylebone road near Baker St. Not sure if they stock any makes other than their own and I have heard they tend to be quite expensive. Otherwise as already mentioned most of dance shops are within walking distance of Covent Garden. Alternatively can you try and track down online the shoes in the same make and size as her regular ballet shoes assuming you are happy with how these fit.

Have you tried Dancinginthestreet.com ? My DD has ballet feet ( slim high arch and all that) nightmare to fit and we found the studio starlight, full and split sole in white good £10.95. They will post next day. DD is usually Bloch width B and Capizio narrow.

Someone recommended them, I was a bit dubious as I remember buying the cheap version of these for DD when she was about 3, but I was surprised, they are much better, made in England an a different last apparently. Don't know if anyone in London stocks them though?