URGENT: AUDITIONS FOR DISNEYLAND PARIS

aileen

I always remember Disney auditioning at Pineapple. It was for Disney in the States for 6 months. Must have been the early 1990`s. The ad in The Stage said dancers wanted male and female.  Males height 5FT 6 IN and under [or there abouts ]and 5FT 11 and over. Females wanted,5FT 3 and under[or thereabouts] and 5FT 6 and over. Great. I hadn`t worked for a while and was on the dole.I was skint. I had to go to the Social to ask them to pay for my fare to London and back.They sometimes gave you money in those days to attend job interviews; no idea if they still do or not. Anyway,I and everyone else there assumed there were lots of jobs going up for grabs in the four different categories they were looking for. There must have been 150 to 200 dancers there. The guy from Disney used a microphone to speak to us so everyone could hear. He said how absolutely delighted he was at the response and how pleased so many people wanted to work for Disney. He then said,"Well today,as you know, we are looking for four dancers"....Somebody interrupted him."You do mean four sets of dancers,don`t you,meaning 16 altogether?". No he said, "We are looking for four dancers.One male under 5FT 6,one male over 5FT 11,one female under 5FT 3 and one female over 5FT 6 ". I remember it so well. The whole room collectively burst out laughing at the incredulity of it. Four dancers with nearly 200 there. The guy was very nice and apologised that there must have been a mix up in the advertisement as it should have specified they were only looking for four dancers not sixteen. So, what do I do I thought? They wanted to see people dance the combination 4 at a time. It would have taken hours to get through everyone. Me and about 40 others all decided to cut our losses there and then and try and salvage something form a wasted trip to London. So we all went together around London window shopping and had a great afternoon.!! A complete waste of [the Social`s ] money ,but she was very sympathetic when I went in the following fortnight and she asked me how I had got on at the audition. The worst audition ever.!!

• Like 1

Begining to be glad that DD 1 has given up her training it seems like everyone wants to be dancer !! And also worrying already about DD 2 getting a job and she hasn't started her training yet !! I suppose you have to be positive and just let them follow their dream. Good luck to all This years graduates and let us know when they get offers so all us that are about to embark on the dance journey have some hope.

• Like 1

Disney audition every few months around the UK and if successful at audition, you can then be waiting months and months for an actual start date. The audition gets you onto their books - they say you will start within 6 months but DDs friends who work there heard between 2 weeks and 11 months from the date of their successful audition.