Help urgently needed! [help no longer needed]

Regattah

I am having a bit of a panic and wonder if there is anyone who can help me out!

My DD (15) is due to take part in the 2nd week of the ENBS summer school, which takes place next week. The problem is that my younger daughter's urgent heart surgery has been scheduled and it clashes. ENBS don't have accommodation and so I had been planning to stay with relatives in Bucks and take DD in each day. Now that I will be in hospital with younger DD it will be too far to expect older DD to go in by herself everyday, especially as it would be an added stress to an already exhausting day.

So ..... a big ask!! Do any of you have a child or know of a child that is doing 2nd week ENBS who lives in London? I would obviously cover expenses and inconvenience if my DD could stay with them!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry can't help either but if you do a search for ENBS Summer School it brings up the last topic on this and you can see which Forum members have said their DD's are going- maybe PM them in case they don't see your message here?

Hope you manage to get something sorted.

• Like 1

Hi,

my dd is doing both weeks. We are staying in a hotel in Battersea. Our room is small, but if you were able to get a separate room for your dd, I would be happy to look after her. She could just sleep in her room and travel, eat etc with us. We have been buying salad supplies from the local supermarket and eating simple meals in the room. Please PM me if you think this may be an option and I'll let you know more details. I don't feel comfortable advertising everything on a public forum.

Alternatively, could you contact ENBS and ask if they know of anyone who could help. My dd said 90% in her class (she's 17) are from Italy and Spain, so doesn't sound like too many locals. She did, however say there were some English students in the younger group.

• Like 11

I'm nowhere near London to help I'm afraid but I just wanted to wish you and your younger daughter all the best for her heart surgery - obviously a very difficult time for you all and I hope everything goes well and wish her a speedy and good recovery.

• Like 11

Regattah, I've added an "ENBS summer school" tag to your post in the hopes of attracting more attention, but if you think it's too intrusive contact me or one of the other Mods and we'll take it off.

I hope you find something that will work for you.

• Like 1

My thoughts are with you, as we thought DD would be needing heart surgery a few weeks ago, so can empathise and I'm sure everything will go smoothly x

Sadly I can't help with accommodation as we are an hour from London. However if she needs anything sending up to summer school (eg emergency tights etc) just ask!

Sx

• Like 4

Everyone has been so kind - I've had a lot of lovely pms. 

Unfortunately, I still haven't got anywhere. I have contacted the hotel that Pastel is staying in and they won't allow an under 18 year old to stay in a room by herself.

:(

Regattah, how does your dd feel about travelling in alone, and would she only be using the tube? I only ask because lots of 15 yr olds travel alone to London for associates etc. and actually that might be less stressful for her than staying with a strange family. Is the journey quite straightforward?

Hi, Spanner/Aileen.

She's comfortable travelling alone (comes home from voc school on train/underground although generally with friends). However, the journey would require 3 changes and would take 1 hour 20 plus walking on either side. I think we may have no other option. At least it's possible, although not desirable!

This stress must be the last thing you need, Regattah. I hope something will work out for your dd and that your other daughter's operation goes smoothly and well. I cannot help, unfortunately, as we now live in Lincoln.

• Like 3

Unfortunately I cannot help with accommodation, but just wanted to wish you well with the surgery on your other daughter and I really hope someone can help you out. 

Have ENB not been able to offer any assistance?  

• Like 1

Hi Regattah the only suggestion I can offer is maybe appealing to any students who live with host families at colleges in the surrounding area as they are now on holiday ... My DDs host family take students for the colleges short courses .

I'm presuming all who go to ENB live independently .

I hope you find a solution sending best wishes for your DDs op and a speedy recovery .

• Like 1

Well, I appear to be sorted! As wildflowers and another on pm suggested, YDA have a space for her next week.

I am so grateful for all your good wishes and suggestions; this truly is an amazing ballet family/community!

• Like 27

Regatta, so pleased your DD is sorted. Best wishes for your DD having her op, am sure everyone here wishes her well.

Pictures, it may be that a YDA host family have helped during these unusual circumstances for Reghattas DD. Usually you have to arrange your own accommodation for ENB