Help urgently needed! [help no longer needed]

Regattah

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's still in surgery. Apparently it's all going to plan but that it's a 'long procedure'. Every surgeon/doctor who spoke to us before she went in said that they couldn't tell how long it would be exactly and that the more surgery she's had previously the more difficult/time-consuming it is to get in there. I am starting to pace a little.

She's out! We're still waiting to be allowed into intensive care to see her but apparently everything has been done that needed to be. But - they discovered that the second shunt they put in when she was a baby was still patent. It should have been closed when she had the next shunt when she was 18 months (the first two were BT and the next was Glen, for any medics amongst you!) but either wasn't or maybe had reopened. I don't know whether it can do that, I didn't ask the surgeons! Anyway, they have closed it now. Can't wait to see her!

• Like 21

What an emotional thread! And such support from everyone. It is wonderful to see how many folk tried to help and support you and your girls. This forum is not just for ballet is it? I will add my best wishes for a strong recovery for your daughter regatta. I can't even begin to imagine the stress you have been under. I am sure your other daughter will have coped all the better for having her dancing to propel her along. Lots of love coming your way xxx

• Like 5

You're so right, Belljul. I've been absolutely amazed by how supportive everyone has been, with offers of prayer, concern and amazing offers of help with my DD on London.

Big DD had a fantastic time at ENBS, but I haven't seen her in person to grill her for all the details yet!

Little DD is doing really well. She's so determined so forces herself to get out of bed etc. She's just having a bit of a blip for the last hour or so which is why we're both awake :(

So glad things are going well with both of them. This must have been so hard on you, especially with the surgery taking longer than expected. I hope DD1 continues to enjoy her time at ENBS and DD2 carries on improving.

Hi Regatta,

Sad to hear DD had a blip in the night. I do hope that she's fine again this morning and that you got some sleep in the end.

Homestay people were asking after your DD last night. I said I'd heard positive news on here. Praying it's the same this morning x

I hear they worked very hard at ENB last week! My little dd starts the junior course this morning. Hoping she enjoys it as well as gets a lot out of it. The faculty sounds amazing. I'm just waiting to hear what group she's in.

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone. The thing is, she feels fine (well, as far as you can in her situation!!) and is doing brilliantly well in terms of moving, oxygen levels etc., but her heart is not in sinus rhythm. There's starting to be murmurings of needing a pacemaker, so we really really need her own heart to decide to kick into the proper rhythm!

Older DD is back from ENBS and had the most amazing time. She came into the hospital yesterday and demonstrated her 'new and improved' arabesque! She just loved the Homestay house, too. Meanwhile, nonDS has been so ill with a virus that we have had to cancel him going away to football trials this week - have managed to rearrange for next week. Why does everything happen at the same time?

• Like 1

Oh dear I really feel for you. I hope there is someone looking after you too (or at least you can squeeze some time to look after yourself a bit)- it's very easy to think about everyone but yourself (sort of comes with the territory doesn't it?) especially when you have the adrenalin of a major event like an operation- but if you get spread too thin and don't try and get some time to relax (even if it's just some space to have a bath with a good book- or whatever is your 'thing')  you will be the next one down with a virus!

Sending lots of virtual support to you and your family.

x

• Like 2