Elmhurst associates' programme audition

Ellaballerinamum

Hi everyone, my daughter is auditioning at Elmhurst on Saturday in birmingham. I'm realistically trying to get her to try her best but at the same time don't want her to be disappointed if she doesn't get in. Does anyone have any idea how many children they audition and no many spaces they offer each year???

Many thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi year 5 is normally filling places for kids that have been assessed out ( hoping mine isn't one ) still waiting!! I think it's similar to rbs I know there are some children that drop out through the year so they might be extra spaces too. but I have known it to happen as a few extra new kids started on year 5 in my dds class . Good luck xx

Lema, if your dd has been accepted onto RBS JAs and two other monthly schemes already, and you're struggling to get her to these in September because of other festival commitments ( from your posts on other threads), would she still accept elmhurst if she got into that too?!! You must be one dedicated parent!!

And to everyone else with associate experience, do these schemes have to know if you're on one (or more) other scheme because of different teaching techniques? I'm asking because on a local ballet school level, my dd's dance school won't allow her to have lessons at another local school because of conflicts in teaching styles. Or does this cease to matter if you get to this level?

Grumpy, I've got my fingers crossed for your dd, it must be so hard waiting for assessment results. At least if my dd doesn't get into elmhurst she doesn't know what she's missing :/ Good luck and thank you for all your supportive posts.

Twiglet I don't know what I'd do to be honest, we just applied for everything she wanted to do and hoped one would say yes, we never dreamt that we would get more than one yes!! And last year the only thing she auditioned for was Elmhurst and they said No so not got high hopes, although she hadn't done much ballet then, but it seemed silly to not go to the audition when it was already paid for even though she's been offered places elsewhere, plus it's all good practice x

Plus twiglet the whole festival trouble came about from us not expecting to get into RBS for starters and then even if she did get in it was ok as the classes were Saturdays and festivals were Sundays so we thought there wouldn't be a problem so I allowed her to commit to them, only to find out she was accepted and then classes were to be on a Sunday for the first few months, now we know she has been accepted and class days and times etc we won't be taking on any other commitments unless we are certain they don't clash with the associate classes :)

Dd is only going to accept one of the monthly classes, we had a chat about it as she really wanted to do both but we just feel it would be too much to do everything and as you mentioned earlier we were worried about conflicting teaching techniques plus the small matter of costs not just for the classes but the travel and entertaining our other children whilst she is in class and we also feel that she needs time to still be a little girl and play and see friends and go to parties etc so giving up one Sunday seems the better option to giving up two xx

• Like 5

Excellent news grumpy! Congratulations! :)

Hopefully our wait will be over tomorrow. Dd's got a ballet exam tomorrow and then EYB over the weekend so plenty to thankfully keep us occupied if it's bad news!

Lema, I know what you're saying about the sibling issue. Even just getting to ballet classes each week is a right bind when it comes to keeping her siblings happy/occupied . The whole thing (I mean extra curricular stuff in general) is a balancing act and often a logistical nightmare isn't it?! I feel like I'm forever sorting out kit bags...

• Like 2

Hello all, my daughter auditioned for elmhurst associates in group1 last saturday, it would be for year 4......I was wondering if anybody has heard anything as yet :-) i just stumbled across this thread whilst searching online to find out so here i am .....tia

Hi Kellyb my daughter auditioned last Saturday too but we haven't heard anything yet either, last year the letters took a couple of weeks but people seem to think it will be emails this year so hopefully will hear a bit sooner, let's hope for next week :) and welcome to the forum, I've not been using it for long and have fouls everyone very welcoming and there is lots of useful advice and info x

• Like 1