RAD new Advanced Foundation/Advanced 1

Legseleven

Decision now made by DD's teachers that the new Adv 1 suits her better (maybe at least partly because she now prefers it, as well as finding certain parts easier) than the new Adv Foundation and she will therefore concentrate her syllabus work on Adv 1 and miss out the Adv Foundation exam. It was good that they suggested this before asking DD what she would prefer, as she would otherwise have felt that they were just being kind and 'humouring' her, self-confidence not being one of her strong points!

I am still interested in whether other dancers prefer the new Adv 1 and find it easier and whether these are also long-legged dancers ;)

• Like 1

My DD will be starting the Adv 1 in August and she will be very happy if it suits the long-legged. She is short in the body but very long in the leg and she finds that sometimes she just can't get her legs where they need to be in the same time as the girls who are proportioned differently. I was very worried about going from old Adv Fnd to new Adv 1 but this forum has helped settle my nerves!

• Like 1

Your DD sounds very similar to mine, fiona4802! I should say that there are parts of the new Adv 1 that DD finds difficult in terms of, as you say, getting her legs where they need to be in the same time as girls who are proportioned differently, but she definitely thinks these parts are fewer than in the new Adv Foundation ;)