Summer School West Yorkshire

tutugirl

My dance school is hosting a summer school in Keighley . Dates are 18 th - 22 nd august . Faculty from Hammond school and a former dancer from Northern Ballet Theatre . It can be residential ( with a host family ) or not . For advanced students it is predominantly classical - repertoire , pas de deux , ballet and contemporary . For younger students it is more varied . We put on a small show in the theatre on the Friday night . Most of the older children are coming from vocational schools , but all are welcome , if of a good standard .I prefer to communicate by pm if possible.I would love to welcome some forum members' children .NB the advanced group is nearly full .

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am delighted that there has been uptake from the forum , and we are almost full . I would love to include a few more lads if possible - as the pas de deux classes would be more evenly balanced !! We have a fabulous week planned - so please pm me if you're interested .

• Like 1

Thanks forum members - I look forward to meeting those of you who have enrolled . I'm puzzled , though , by those who have e mailed me, and to whom I have given my contact details , who have not contacted me - I wonder if you received my e mails / pm ? Perhaps you would be kind enough out of courtesy to let me know if you've changed your mind !!! Thank you

• 2 months later...

I would just like to say thanks for a wonderful summer school tutu girl. My dd absolutely loved it and had been raving about it since I picked her up from my parents.

She was impressed by the faculty and loved every one of the classes. She learned a lot and strengthened her technique plus made some lovely new friends despite worrying initially that she didn't know anyone.

Well done - you are a hit at our house! Thank you for all your hard work. We would thoroughly recommend your summer school and we have done Yorkshire Assembly, Northern Ballet and Laine in the past.

• Like 1

Hi

I agree with you Huddsballetmum. My dc loved this week. Had a fab time - great teachers, great show. Small groups (14) so lots of corrections. DC has done Hammond and Elmhurst SSs and this was up there with them. Tutugirl and staff worked so hard. I am a bit reluctant to recommend because don't want it to get too big!! The small size made it personal for the kids.

THANKYOU!

• Like 1