October dance courses

Dancermum

Does anyone know of any courses or masterclasses/intensives that run over October half term? I'm looking for something for my 13 year old DD who will have just started inter... I know there are summer courses & Easter but not seen any October ones advertised (or is this because it's in the run up to auditions schools are too busy to run courses?)

Thanks!

Thank you for the replies, guess it's an awkward time with schools sometimes having different dates... Might just stick with looking at summer & Easter as seems to be more choice - was just hoping perhaps for a summer next year that didn't revolve around dance courses for the rest of the family!! :-)

My DD did two days of dance Forward at Easter, and they are talking about doing a course at half term according to an email we've subsequently received. At Easter there were two days of ballet! and one of other, not sure what form this will take. You could maybe like their Facebook page then you might receive updates. DF was for age 12 and upwards.

• Like 1

Not sure what area you're looking for Dancermum but I received an e-mail from RAD 2 weeks ago announcing some courses in the Central Scotland area for the 12th (Sunday) & 13th (Monday) October.  These are for Inter F & Inter level (I've pasted below the extracts from the website).

Sunday is Comprehensive Syllabus Class

• Intermediate Foundation: 10.15am – 12.45pm (£30)
  • Intermediate: 2 – 4.30pm (£30)
  • Teacher observation 10am – 5pm (£28.50)

Monday is Variations Coaching

• Intermediate Foundation: 10.15am - 12.45pm (£23.00)
  • Intermediate: 2.00pm - 4.30pm (£23.00)

DD is signed up and raring to go.

If you check on the RAD website http://www.rad.org.uk/achieve/events?month:int=10&year:int=2014&orig_query= this should take you to the October page and you can check for other locations.

Good luck finding something.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you everyone & sorry for the silence in replying... madly busy with other children to consider :-)

The wells away one sounded great but as the flights are ridiculously expensive this year they are not running an actual course, just private coaching for anyone that wants to go out - must say morocco in October sounds heavenly, but out of our price range!!

Think I will give up and let DD concentrate on normal lessons & auditions then rethink for Easter or summer courses.

I used to go to dance works and do classes from the age of 14. I recommend Anna de Boisson and Zina Mamedovas Classes. They are a big challenge and she may feel more comfortable with a friend there. I don't recommend to my students to do until they are in Advanced grades I started when I was in Adv foundation as it's called now which was intermediate part one then. My associate friends and I used to all meet there and go in together while our mums went for a coffee in self ridges.

Sorry just re read she is 13 and just starting inter. I would hold the dance works info for future as being in with adults will be daunting !! Is she doing RAD? My mum also paid for me to do a couple of private lessons at the rad at that time of year they were invaluable but depends on who you get teaching and I had to be quite firm about how my teacher wished me to do something or just nod and do as I was told then change back for my teacher. But it really helped with some of my corrections.

• Like 1