Nana Lily

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to someone at student funding and they definitely found Ballet West. i think I told them Northumbria university. I've not had any emails from student finance though, just acknowledgement of the original application.

• Like 1

I know this is probably really late and probably already sorted but I wanted to add in how I got things sorted with student finance. Now I'm Northern Ireland based so it'll probably be different. But out student finance NI will pay the tuition fees, I had mine paid for when I did my HONS, I got a maintenance grant and loan, the loan and student fees you have to repay but only once your earning over a set amount a year. However schools do offer what is called a hardship grant which you can get on top of student finance, I got it as well as I could prove what I got from student finance wasn't enough to live on and get me to Uni. Mine also did bursary a as well which all comes down to how well you're doing academically and attendance wise. I don't have to pay back anything except the tuition fees and the loan but not until I'm earning over £25K. Now yes with private schools. Thy will only cover half but if you find yourself struggling the the school should do a hardship grant as well which can be used to cover tuition fees. The only thing is you need to prove in every aspect how much you need it. I literally burst into tears one time when I applied for mine as I was really struggling. (First house etc). No idea if this helps but I have 26 qualifications under my belt and I got help for it all. Also over here our local library board offers student finance, same with our borough council and benefits office.

Hope this helps in some way and sorry if it's already been cleared up and settled before hand. :)