Associate schemes.

Nancy19

Hi Nancy21, did Tring CBA get in touch with you regarding auditions or had you not applied yet? We applied a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. I could not see a closing date on the website. Many thanks, Flora11

• Like 1

Hi flora11, I just forgot to send off the form, I went on the website yesterday to get address and there was a message saying that applications have now closed for May audition but is now open for November applications. We will have to wait until then! My DD was not very happy with me, but with younger children, a career etc, I just forgot!

Thanks Loulabelle, she is 12, year 7 and currently grade 6 and intermediate ballet. How do you go about applying for RAD associates, is there an audition. I know 2dancersmum mentioned that the ballet teacher has to put you forward?

Thanks everyone again, everyone is so helpful x :)

Hi Flora11, yes please keep me updated, as Tring is now what she really wants to go for. she has central on 25th may, but it's such a big commitment travelling to London every Saturday, if she were lucky enough to gain a place! Can't wait to hear all about your DD audition. Good luck to her and anyone else who still has auditions looming x

RAD Associates - I suggest you ring your local organiser first to see if there are still spaces in your DDs group.  There is no audition for it - there are 2 forms - one for you to fill in and the teacher has the other as the teacher enters all students from one ballet school together on the one form with the individual applications attached.  You need to talk to your ballet teacher also so she knows you are interested.  Associates run one Sunday a month for 4 sessions commitment at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

We were at the Tring CBA auditions in May and for information, there were 4 groups with around 20 - 25+ in each group, my DD was in the last and biggest group of the day (although there were a few no shows, annoying for those who didn't get a space!) - she is 13 but there were girls from around 11 to 16 in the group. The lady told us there were 20-25 spaces going for September spread across the whole age range.

I am so thrilled that my DD was offered a place in group 4... happy days!! No idea what age range are in this group so will have to wait until September to find out, but she is very excited.

And thank you to Tring for such quick letters, nice not to have to stalk the postman for once!!!

• Like 7

Hi I am new on here so hope I am not breaking any rules?! Please have a look at www.surreyballetmasters.co.uk as It is excellent quality training with  class of 1.5 hrs, pointe work then repertoire. A total of three hours professional level teaching in a theatre in coulsdon surrey including a consultation element to guide you through auditions etc!

Edited by Emma northmore