Central finals

Guest Autumn days

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they are all out or whether they have just sent out the definite 'no' and 'yes' letters so they can see how many accept before sending out the next ones. Its not long to accept! Jazzpaws, did the letter come addressed to your dd & was it thicker than a normal envelope? My dd is away at present, so if there is a letter at home tonight when we get in, we will stil have no idea. Don't want to spoil her holidays if its a 'no'! :-)

I wonder if they are all out or whether they have just sent out the definite 'no' and 'yes' letters so they can see how many accept before sending out the next ones. Its not long to accept! Jazzpaws, did the letter come addressed to your dd & was it thicker than a normal envelope? My dd is away at present, so if there is a letter at home tonight when we get in, we will stil have no idea. Don't want to spoil her holidays if its a 'no'! :-)

Hi - the letter was addressed to her, BUT it was in a normal small envelope with a window - very scary - we watched postie walk to the door and she had to pluck up courage to get the letter - no clues there I'm afraid xx

• Like 1

Jazzpaws - we are celebrating with you on the other side of the world! Congratulations to your dd. :) You must be feeling such elation and relief!!!

Sorry MIAS - I hope your dd has a place somewhere else.

No news here from Central, we applied via dvd and dd went through to the finals.

• Like 3

Hi macnatt. You are not alone as no news here today either although we have heard of 2 more 'yes' results via Facebook. I am seriously thinking they may be holding a second set of results until the first people have replied. We don't seem to have heard of any waiting list letters yet! Who knows? Fingers crossed for you. :)

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. My dd ws very upset yesterday as she knows that this was her last chance. She tried but the competition this year has been fierce so she understands that she is just not good enough.

This morning though she has bounced back and is going to accept her place at the local 6th form college and see what new direction life takes. I am sure that dance will still be a part of it!

Best of luck to everyone whether dancing or not!

• Like 10

Oh, bless her. I know a little bit of this as my drama daughter had gone through the mill this year in auditioning but the cut off for drama students isn't as young as it is for dancers. I was talking to my dance teacher about this last night and she says the competition for both is brutal. Much love to all dance and drama students. You are all lovely. x

• Like 4

Mum in a spin, I am sure you are very proud of your dd resilience. Its great to hear she had something else up her sleeve in the event of disappointment. I wish her all the best and every happiness, the skills and disciplines learned through ballet whether as a career or a much loved hobby will stand them in good stead for whatever path life takes them down. I think not many of us are doing what thought we would be doing at 16... your dd for gave it her best shot, she wont have any regrets about not trying.

Wow! - MIAS, best wishes to your dd. You're in a position none of us would like to be in. I feel for you. Hoping that she finds a new passion in life and is able to look back in years to come with fondness at her dancing years.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. My dd ws very upset yesterday as she knows that this was her last chance. She tried but the competition this year has been fierce so she understands that she is just not good enough.

This morning though she has bounced back and is going to accept her place at the local 6th form college and see what new direction life takes. I am sure that dance will still be a part of it!

All the very best to her - good luck xxx

if your daughter is just 16 she mustn't give up hope my student is 18 and got the places at Central etc this year so it isn't too late. All the best x

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your dd's sad news Mum in a spin and everyone else with the dreaded No letters, I know how heartbroken she must feel!! But perhaps she could audition again next year- going to vocational school at 17 or even 18 is still an option as I have learnt from the forum.... Or, she could always do A Levels then train to be a dance teacher- teaching is another way to pass on the gift of dance :) "Success is not final, failure is not fatal:it is the courage to continue that counts." Big hugs to her, and congrats to everyone who got in!! Xxxx

• Like 11