Central finals

Guest Autumn days

Guest Autumn days

My dd has central finals at the weekend and we are hoping that this could be her big chance - but not expecting it to be !!

Does anyone know anything about the call backs? I'm sure that last year some were called back for an interview or maybe an extra class or something? Does anyone know why this was? Was it the ones that they weren't sure about?

Good luck to everyone else there this weekend!!

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MIAS. If a candidate is called back in at the end it does indeed mean that the panel were uncertain about offering a place. Those who are not called back in at the end are either a definite yes or no.

When I was with DD at her Central open day visit, a parent actually asked about it and the explanation given was as above.

Good luck at the weekend :)

Actually, thinking about it though, it's not actually quite that black and white. If my memory serves me correctly, at the Saturday audition there were no call backs whatsoever, yet all the girls from that day were not straight yes's or no's. I know of 2 who got 'waiting list'.

Guest Autumn days

I wish it wasn't all so complicated!!

Am I right in thinking that he results came out slowly last year with some hearing quite soon and others having to wait ages? Was it mainly the yesses that came out first?

• Like 1

Last year, the yes's seemed to come out gradually, but I do know someone who heard really quickly (by email) on the Thurs following the auditions on the Sat/Sun. Others however got emails later on in a staggered fashion. It was all very frustrating and nerve wracking as some had heard & some hadn't. The 'waiting lists' and no's all then came in one bunch by letter later on. I remember the time very well!

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Does anyone know which groups are auditioning when? Is it boys and overseas today and just girls tomorrow? I heard that there are some first auditions today, too - is that right and will those that get through be there again tomorrow or will they decide based on the first audition?

It sounds as though there will be lots of people there and I just get the feeling that the classes are going to be huge again!!

Good luck everyone - not long now!!

Central finals done - would be lovely if it was a yes for DD as the no from Elmhurst was very disappointing ! She had a callback alongside about 15 others from auditions today. Not reading anything into that as the class was told it means nothing, just another look at some who were nether yes or no girls - they just had a stretching class. Was lovely to chat to some of the other mums during the wait. Such an ordeal for us mum's, we are all very anxious as our DD's have put so much into this and we hate to think of them being disappointed and the wait for the dreaded letter to drop through the door is pure torture - they said that would be about 10 days ! Bring on BTUK audition and then all is finished - no doubt DD will be the tallest one there again, can't help much, but that's just the way she is !!

• Like 3

Hi Jazzpaws. My dd was there too. She enjoyed audition, didnt have call back, she feels she danced eell but said everyone was really excellent and has no idea which way its going to go. She has only auditioned for 3 schools, on reserve for Tring and no Elmhurst so Central was super important to her. I'm worried if i should have let her audition for more but even the 3 have been very stressful. Good luck to your dd with Central and BTuk.

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

My dd enjoyed her audition but doesn't feel very hopeful because she also said that the standard was higher than she expected.

Does anyone have any insight into what the callbacks might mean this year? My dd didn't get called back!

Were there any girls finals on Saturday, too?

Good luck everyone - 10 days is a long time to wait!!

• Like 1

Spoke to DD again about the callback - they were told some would be called back for more information - they stretched and did a few plies, stretched feet - she said it was a bit physio like. They were told that it didn't mean anything, so I don't think anyone who wasn't called back should worry - it could be the call backs that need to worry for all I know !

There were about 30 in each class, I also know a 2 girls who had a  class on the Saturday, also there was a boys final and have no idea how it worked with the international students, but it does add up to an awful lot of finalists, so not too hopeful really. Yes stressedmum - all far too stressful xx

Hi Jazzpaws. My daughter was also in the callback group in the afternoon. From what she said it sounds as if they were looking closer at flexibility & turnout so I suspect these may have been areas they were unsure or concerned about after the initial audition. They did all splits, hamstring exercise, turnout figure 4 exercise & frogs. Whether its a positive or a negative will depend on whether it flagged up concerns with flexibility or amount of turnout I suspect. My dd does not have flat turnout sadly! Being positive however, I suspect they would not have bothered to look at them more closely if their level of ballet technique was not good enough.

When DD went in for her physio, she was only in there a few minutes, so perhaps this was a kind of physio back up. Who knows, it's like a big guessing game, trouble is when you are waiting, you probably start reading into thing that aren't there - I need to chill  :wacko:

My daughter also felt the main physio was very brief compared to others she has had. Previous physio assessments looked at potential turnout and so on whereas she felt this was just a brief check to see if there were any potential physical problems. I think this may be why, if adequate flexibility & turnout were not seen in the class they decided to investigate them further through a few quick exercises. Is your daughter very flexible jazzpaws and does she have good turnout?

Well, I'm not really the expert, but I think she's OK with turnout, told to hold it from time to time, but I'm sure she's not alone, her legs go high and she seems flexible to me. perhaps the callbacks were the ones they were questioning after all and the rest were yes or no - no idea at all 

Check your emails this afternoon today could be the day.

Last year the first set of offers were released around this time with 5 days given to accept then the next set were released the following week. Good luck everyone

Hi friends. Did they definitely inform by email last year? I really hope it is soon either way. I have popped home from wotk for lunch today just in case postman had brought the letter, i dont want my dd coming in from school to the letter, if its bad news i want to be here to comfort her and if its good news i want to share her joy. She is not expecting to get it, she said that everyone was so good. Good luck to your dd jazzpaws, you said your daughter is really tall, was she wearing a dark green leotard?