Moorland International Elite Ballet School

tutugirl

I am happy to tell you about a wonderful new opportunity in Clitheroe ( Lancashire ) . Moorlands boarding school now has a full vocational course for classical training . Taught by 2 of the best teachers I know the ballet programme started in Sept - last year. . It now boasts 10 full time students and many Saturday Associates . I have 2 of my pupils trying there and they love it - and are doing brilliantly - due to excellent teaching and small classes . Many people are seeing this as a great choice for full time training and I would urge you to take a look . Children can board , I think from yr 5 upwards. - and day pupils are also welcome .

• Like 4

I must agree with the post from tutugirl.This is a new and very exciting venture, i do not know of anywhere else like it up north!!! My daughter goes to Moorland international ballet elite, she wanted to focus solely on classical ballet, the dedication and excellent teaching is helping her reach her dream. 

• Like 1

also having trouble getting onto the ballet page on the school's website. Just comes up with 'moorland ballet coming soon'. Do you know if they are updating it Tutugirl. Do you know how else we can access information, perhaps I should email one of the teachers?

thanks

• 2 months later...

They do run an Easter course , which was a great success ( several of my pupils attended ) and a summer school . Two of my pupils are in full time vocational training there - they are loving it . The setting is idyllic - academic class sizes small - I may be wrong. , but capped at 16 I think . The dance classes are really small groups , as the ballet course is in it's infancy , so the pupils make rapid progress . If you are considering vocational school , and are classical rather than musical theatre , then I would urge you to take a look x

Seems to me that there are a few new vocational dance training schools recently opened! I hope it means also that some new dance companies will start up, otherwise we will have even more of a surplus of fabulous dancers over how many company places are available. BTUK have a company don't they. Moorlands looks lovely and I wish it and everyone who goes there every success!

• Like 1

The fees for this type of school seem very reasonable to me. Being from a military family where a lot of our children attend boarding schools this is definitely a school I would have considered looking at for my daughter.

Crikey, £8730 a term for full boarding - might be reasonable for some but for us they might as well be £8 million a term! :-)

Actually, you're not wrong Primrose; fees for day pupils are comparable with Young Dancers Academy, and cheaper than Haileybury, which I believe is around £9700 a term for boarding.

Just a shame it's not one of the MDS or DaDa schools because for many families that kind of money is completely out of reach.

• Like 5