Elmhurst auditions?

Frangapani

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope!!! :D - shall DEFINITELY be hitting the wine tonight - oh the stress of it all!!!!!

Will probably be Tuesday now as they won't post letters on a Saturday??? Unless they have sent them 2nd class yesterday.

Good luck with the stress levels all!

F xxx

Last year there were two groups of 20 or so girls (21/22 in each group). There are 14 girls in year 7, the same in year 8. I dont know how many boys were at the final audition, but there are 6 boys in y7.

Thinking of all of you waiting for your letters and fingers crossed

Nana Lily xxx

(edited for typo's as usual!)

Edited by Nana Lily

My friend got to finals for year 7, she is sure there was 3 groups on her day and about 30 in each group (all girls). One group would do the audition first, group 2 the tour of the school and group3 the English and maths test (which she said was really easy). Until all groups had attended all 3 aspects. Oh yes and a short physio was also involved.

Good luck to everybody who is waiting on that all important letter and i hope all your dreams come true.

Just hoping that the probable "No" letter will not put DD off Sunday's Bristol audition for RBS!!!

Fran - have you steamed before, and do you have any tips??? ;)

#

No! I am too well behaved but almost feel needs must in these circumstances!!! Just can't sit and look at the dreaded thing until DD gets home!!! Ha ha!! Think will just leave it if it is the inevitable "thin" envelope but should it look more bulky may steam it, take a photo on my mobile and send it to DD ;)

Best of luck and good luck in Bristol!

F xxx

Just a thought years ago when I'd taken one of my majors, my mother couldn't wait so she turned up at school at lunch time so i could open it, I thought she was stupid at the time - but it's very tempting to follow her role now ;)

Good Luck everyone. :)

• Like 1

Don't give up miracil, one school may say no another it might be a yes. I know of one girl who got a no for first auditionat at Elmhurst and got into the Royal lower 6th. She is now doing very well into her second year at Royal. So you see what one school doesn't see another does.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that Miracle - but as the others have said, it's not the end of the journey, hopefully there'll be other opportunities. Even though my daughter didn't get a chance to follow in her brother's footsteps and now only dancing for fun, we never regret trying for schools/associate programmes despite the disappointments along the way - all part of the learning process and she knows she gave it a go - and as we know some don't get anything until 6th form and go on to do really well.

As for the "open the letter or not" - I'm a firm believer in opening it. The letters were addressed to me and then I could tell them what the news was rather than letting them read it themselves. I went to my son's school at breaktime when he got into WL with a congratulations card. He and his friends ran around like lunatics screaming "I/he got in" when one boy stopped running and shouting and said "Got into what?" :rolleyes:

• Like 4

For those of you still waiting or not opening (and that includes me and my DD) - thin, small envelope is probably a NO and thick A4 envelope is probably a YES for Finals. I only base this on my own experience - my DD got Finals at Y7 but wasn't offered a place and NO last year.

My heart goes out to you Miracle, I know exactly how you will be feeling right now, but take heart and listen to all the good advice from those who have been there, it does feel easier as the days go on and your lovely DD carries on enjoying her dancing. And who knows, there's always next year (oh and the RBS letters!!!)

• Like 2