Elmhurst auditions?

Frangapani

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry everyone! For got to add very best wishes to all those who auditioned yesterday and for Tuesday also. Good luck for the letters!

NL

I know! It was bonkers!!! They seemed to be auditioning for all year groups on Friday - and boys too of course - but there were a huge number in each class - just don't know how they choose who to take to finals??

Just the wait now - shouldn't be too long - unlike RBS!!!

F x

Thank you nana lily :)

Dd is there on tues although we have had a dilemma as she is unwell at the moment again :( had a lot of diet changes, hospital stays and has lost alot of weight but has still managed all her associate class and her associate teacher at elmhurst said to take her anyway as she has worked very hard and is looking so forward to the trip to Elmhurst :)

I am very proud of her guts and determination at this difficult time and I am too looking forward to our trip :)

good luck all

Cx

It took exactly 10 days for us to recieve our letter for finals. For 6th form auditions there was only about 20 children in each class, i think that there were two groups that day. I know that there were a lot of children in your groups but don't forget they video tape the class. Good luck everyone x.

Just a thought - my son tells me Desmond wasn't in school on Friday, so that may just slow down the letters a little - I know it's only a day, but as there's another audition so close it might have to wait until after that.

It's great that so many people are auditioning - the school has gone from strength to strength over the last 4 years particularly. Although it seems daunting wondering how they choose from all those students, I think this is almost the easiest bit for them in that they'll have certain criteria they're looking for and some just won't "fit" at this stage - for a whole host of reasons. I have a feeling the most difficult part for the panel is when they've called back all those who initially seem to tick all the right boxes and then they have to decide between them.

Good luck to everyone for Tuesday (and those waiting to hear) :)

• Like 1

It took exactly 10 days for us to recieve our letter for finals. For 6th form auditions there was only about 20 children in each class, i think that there were two groups that day. I know that there were a lot of children in your groups but don't forget they video tape the class. Good luck everyone x.

Tulip

Your dd is the only person I have heard making finals so far - does anyone know others?

Do the current year 11 audition with everyone else or is that dealt with separately ?

I think they said there were about 20 places in 6th form but there must be at least 15 in year 11 already ? ?

Lil x

Tulip

Your dd is the only person I have heard making finals so far - does anyone know others?

Do the current year 11 audition with everyone else or is that dealt with separately ?

I think they said there were about 20 places in 6th form but there must be at least 15 in year 11 already ? ?

Lil x

DDs friend has got finals for a year 10 place - think she did the November audition. F x

I was there with my DD on Friday 13th. Really enjoyed the day, however very busy and a big audition class. We were in group 2, my DD auditioning for Yr 9 place and there was about 8 other Yr 9's in the group (plus Yr 10s, couple of Yr 11s and boys group too). Really great to meet Frangapani, Gingerbread and Miracle! It was also great to see Robert Parker on the audition panel. Keeping all body parts that can be crossed, crossed!

Tulip

Lil x

I dont know if the Year 11 audition with everyone else or not but I dont think so. There is no expectation in Y11 that you will gain a sixth form place and the students all audition at other schools as well. Last year only a few Year 11's were taken through to sixth form, some choose to go down a more academic route, instead, some went to ENB and to other sixth forms.

Good luck with the auditions.

2 years ago the year 11's had to audition along with everyone else. In effect they auditioned 3 times, 1st audition, apprasial then finals. For some reason the 6th form never seems to get the numbers the lower school has. There are only 4/5 boys in graduate year and only 8 in 2nd year I think it was only 1 boy from year 11 who decided to stay on last year. Shouldn't complain nice small classes compared to lower school.

Beds play a part as Lyndhurst has only got so many. Can't remember how many though.

It's true that there are only 5 boys in graduate year, but there were only 5 of them in that year at Lower School too (and not all the same 5) (and in fact, their year at WL was relatively small too compared to some). I seem to remember that one of them didn't do the final audition because he was moving in more of a musical theatre direction.

Charlie was going to message you to see how your dd was feeling today - glad she made it and enjoyed it! Elmhurst is a fantastic place and the staff are really lovely -I was very impressed with them all and feel very priviledged that my DD gets to go there on a weekly basis. Wasn't it lovely to see the last few minutes of the class too!

I hope we do get to meet up soon - with our own special balletco handshake!! Did your DD wear her Elmhurst leo? Mine decided not to - she was on the second row on the end, tall, with a burgundy leo and white belt. She'll be wearing that to her other auditions (Royal @ Bham and Hammond) so if you're there you may recognise her (and therefore me!) Good luck for that dreaded wait! Fingers crossed x

• Like 1