Upper school audition results 2014

Frangapani

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Cornishprincess. I hope they can fit her in on another day. Try not to feel guilty - I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose. It would have been a dreadful day to be travelling up there so maybe it would be better on another day anyway.

• Like 1

We are very happy that DD has been offered a place at Hammond but she could only go with funding. Does anybody know whether you lose the registration fee of 300 pounds if you dont take up the offer, (DH is baulking at the cost!). Obviously we wont know about funding until after the funding audition and she still has some other auditions next week where she may be offered funding but doesnt get it at The Hammond, oh its a mine field already!

Thanks

Dramascientist

• Like 2

Congratulations on the Hammond offer.  £300 registration fee - ouch - that's a new one to me - feeling bad now as friends DD auditioned with your DD Dramascientist and I said doesn't cost anything to accept a place - oops.  Bear in mind for Hammond that they do have a bursary scheme aswell as DADAs.

Dramascientist  - I would echo the advice to ring up and ask.  Nothing is listed on their web page for registration fees for upper school - only varying amounts for lower school where the £300 is listed for overseas students.  So if this fee has come as a surprise to you then I would check if it is applicable in your circumstances and if you pay it if it is refundable if your DD does not get funding.

I believe she was there on her own. Her mum said she exchanged emails with a number of other girls there but did not know results of anyone else yet. Sorry if responses come through slow this end but my DD is already away at vocational school and her friend dances at different times to my DD locally so we rarely see each other these days.

We too paid the registration fees for Italia - but I understood from past applicants that it was non-refundable!!  DS was fortunate enough to get a scholarship - which made the decision easier (however we had also paid up front for other auditions) and were lucky enough to get our money back on some of these as well!!  It all helps..