Tring 6th form auditions (2014 entry)

Guest Autumn days

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not expecting anything but a No as my dd isn't really ballet more jazz and she was very disappointed on the time they spent on the jazz section of the audition and thought they were definitely looking for more classical dancers than anything else, although if you are lucky to get a place you can go down the jazz route in year 2!

Guest Autumn days

This thread was started to discuss 6th form auditions so To save too much confusion, can I respectfully ask that comments about lower school are kept to one of the lower school threads - or maybe start one just for Tring lower school

• Like 2

This thread was started to discuss 6th form auditions so To save too much confusion, can I respectfully ask that comments about lower school are kept to one of the lower school threads - or maybe start one just for Tring lower school

I have moved the questions about Tring Lower School auditions into this thread: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/4999-questions-about-lower-school-auditions/

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Ooh, Mad House, does that mean that you have had good news or are you just planning ahead? Fingers crossed!!

I really cannot be sure but I don't think that they have to do another solo. I have an idea that it is just a ballet class and then some are invited to see the physio. Can any one add anything to that?

Surely it must be soon now if the letters are not out or on their way already.

Hi Mad house. DD did the funding audition last year.

They had to do a ballet class and then they learnt a jazz routine in class. After that some were selected for a physio examination.

DD thought is was quite relaxed and she enjoyed the whole experience, even the physio was charming and chatty.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you all and may the wait be mercifully short!

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Oh, OK Mad House, I was hoping that the letters were coming out!

I hope we don't ahve long to wait either as it is only 2 weeks til the finals now and would need to make arrangements if dd is lucky enough to get that far. Still not sure she could go even with a dada but taking it one step at a time!

• Like 3

Hi I have just registered on the forum today after following it for a while.My daughter auditioned for sixth form dance course on 21st Jan.After waiting for what seems ages I emailed Tring today to enquire after the results.I got a prompt reply to say they' hope to post the results by the end of this week '.So we have to wait a bit longer!

• Like 4

Guest Autumn days

Oh well done, balletmadgirl, you are braver than all of us regulars! Hopefully that means that we should hear by Saturday - hooray!!

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Does anyone have an estimate of how many they looked at, how many are usually asked to go to he final nd how many places and DaDas might be available for the dance course? Does everyone offered a place get invited to the final at 6th form level?

Hi I have just registered on the forum today after following it for a while.My daughter auditioned for sixth form dance course on 21st Jan.After waiting for what seems ages I emailed Tring today to enquire after the results.I got a prompt reply to say they' hope to post the results by the end of this week '.So we have to wait a bit longer!

We were there in the morning of the 21st - it seems like months ago now. Hope the letters are out before the weekend - I'll be grey by the end of this process!!!

• Like 1

Hi there, all new to this!!! Dd auditioned for drama on the 17th and then dance on the 30th, and we still haven't heard anything for dance yet alone drama. DD said she'd talked to a girl at her drama audition and they said the results would be posted this week or next? Bit of a poor show as at the drama one we weren't told anything about results and the principal wasn't even there! I'm slightly panicking as it's dd's birthday on Monday and we are away, I don't want her elder sister ringing with bad news!! :/

We were there this Monday and the head told us that it may be delayed because of half ter!

When we were there at the end of January the principal said that the letters would go out at the end of the first week in February - but in fairness to him, he probably did not realise that there would be a half term in the month when he made the promise!

Well it was addressed to me so just couldn't wait :D its a recall for the funding audition, it says there are a 'number' of students being seen on the day so expecting lots of other happy children opening letters on here today.

it has come with a Dada declaration of income form, does anyone know if I'm meant to just sign the front then post it or add/ send any paperwork with it?

Good luck everyone x

• Like 9

Congrats to your DD Sugarplumsmum.

If I remember correctly just put your income bracket on the form the supporting documentation bit comes afterwards if you are lucky enough to be awarded a DADA after the funding audition.

At this stage I think it is used to work out the sums bit for the school.

• Like 1